anitum x rotshildianum... or whatever. Great looking paph!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ayreon

adductum2.jpg

Bought as a adductum x sanderianum, which it turned out not to be.
Oh well, it looks great anyway I think.

I have sent a mail to the vendor to see if I can get an answer what it really is.

Fantastic flower. I have found 5 different crosses but one by roth was not offered. It looks very much like my Hsinging Lady Duck (Lady Isabel X anitum) but your staminode is very roth like. Both HLD I bloomed had stonei like stamis. Other crosses to consider, Geneive Booth X, Michael K X, PEOY X and philippinense X

Very, Very nice, congratulations for its culture. I hope that the one I have will be also nice..... difficult to wait!

It is wonderful! I love it! However, I agree, it's not got sanderianum in it. I don't know about it being an anitum cross either. It looks like adductum x roth to me. It's a beauty!

It is wonderful! I love it! However, I agree, it's not got sanderianum in it. I don't know about it being an anitum cross either. It looks like adductum x roth to me. It's a beauty!

considering how closely related adductum and anitum are, the only way to really tell apart crosses would be that anitum hybrids should have darker color and larger flowers. How you discern that without seeing comparable populations of the two crosses is pretty difficult. The flower is darker than the normal adductum cross, but it could be either. The present understanding has anitum as a variety of adductum anyway, so it's really a moot point.

Latest posts

Back