I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a banner day! The guys who put together the greenhouse came back to finish the job. They sealed the awning windows -- no more cold wind robbing the greenhouse of warmth:
Sealing-Windows.jpg

And they went up on the roof to "wet-seal" all the joints. Remember, they built this in the Winter when it was snowing, so although they sealed the seams, they couldn't quite seal them tight. I did have a few leaks when it rained -- very minor, actually, but this is now resolved.
Up-on-the-Roof.jpg

Up-on-the-Roof-2.jpg

View from the inside:
Terry.jpg

Rod.jpg

Also, I've been hanging a lot more plants, making better use of the vertical space. Here are two views of the inside from today, the first from the SE corner, the second from the SW. I had to stitch shots together to get it all in:
November-from-SE.jpg

November-from-SW.jpg

Lovely, I can only hope that in a couple of years I have a greenhouse halve the size of yours.

Wow, Dot, you have a lot of plants in that space! I'm just beginning to hang more and more things, now. How nice to get the final touches to the seals in before winter sets in in earnest.

that's strong glass!
:)

I'll say! I gasped when I saw them standing on it.

When they came to put on the final touches, my husband said, "When you are on the roof, you probably only walk on the metal, right?" Rod answered, "No -- we walk all over the glass as well as the metal. We do that all the time." And they did!

Wow! We didn't get anywhere near that much snow.

What did it look like from inside your greenhouse?

Latest posts

Back