I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
After two frustrating years of trying to make plans for an attached solarium, we decided late this summer it just wasn't feasible -- too many unresolved problems, and started making plans for a free standing greenhouse. It will be 16' x 26', and will be a Florian glass structure.

So about a month ago, we decided on a site and began removing a tree and sod:
Greenhouse-Site.jpg

The first thing was to drill under the house and attach pipes from our basement and bring them to the building site. The pipes will have hot and cold softened water, water from the pond for watering the orchids, electricity and natural gas:
Drilling_measuring.jpg

Then the digging began last week. The stump had to be removed, and the pipes had to be protected from the excavator:
Greenhouse-Dig-stump.jpg

Greenhouse-Dig-Pipes.jpg

Once the hole was finished, boards for the footings were put in place and cement was poured:
G-footings-pour.jpg

Then cement blocks were brought in and put in place:
Blocks-drop.jpg

This is what it looks like now. It will be like this for a week to cure. Next week, the knee wall will be built after the hole is filled in. Then the floor will be finished.
G-Blocks-finished.jpg

I am so excited!!!

WOW! Another greenhouse building thread!
Congrats! It looks really good! So hopeful pics ...

Its so exciting Dot! I can't believe you've bit your tongue this long and not spill the beans on this project!!!! Super progress so far!

Great! We can look for many, many more wonderful orchid pictures in the future. :)

Xciting !!:drool:
keep us posted with your next episode.
what are you planning to grow in your Greenhouse ?
these must be exciting times for you
happy orchid growing from Northern Thailand
cliokchi;);

Latest posts

Back