Yet Another Paph delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be the blooming season. This is Paph delenatii 'Deerwood' AM/AOS. Unfortunately, the pouch has color breaks on this blooming, but the stem seems longer than on previous blooms. For reference, it is growing in a 5" x 5" pot.

PaphdelenatiiDeerwood209plant.jpg

This is nice. You're right about the stem, it does look longer then most. I find it odd how folks in the cold north flower everything that I have way before me! I've got a couple more weeks to go:(

:clap: :clap: One can see why it was awarded!
The color breaks look so evenly spaced, I would not find this distracting at all - better to bloom than not at all!

This particular plant seems bigger than average and is slow growing. I crossed this onto micranthum to remake Paph Magic Lantern, and the seedlings are growing very well. Jason at Ochids, Ltd. used pollen from this plant to remake Paph Vanda Pearman (bellatulum x delenatii), and the seedlings are husky and very vigorous, so the slow growth habit does not seem to be passed on to the progeny.

PaphdelenatiiDeerwood209.jpg

WOW!!! Ross that looks great, I'll be posting one very soon myself, hope it looks half as good as yours, thanks....Jim.

Latest posts

Back