Yamadaara Quenn Adelia 'Kiilani'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Migrant13

Mature growth?
Reaction score
Such a reliable bloomer and easy plant. I have 2 of these and they never fail to add some needed color in the late summer. The cross is Blc. Orange Nuggett x Yam. Sammie Evans.

Yamadaara! JEEZ! Another reason to avoid AOS judge training.

There are plenty of good reasons for that. Yamadaara is ancient history though, way back when this cross was registered sometime in the previous century.

Louiscappeara Queen Adelia (Rhyncattleanthe Orange Nuggett x Encyleyvola Sammie Evans)

Like all the complex multi-genera names that end in -ara, this one honors a person. I don't know who Louis Cappe is or was, but apparently someone felt he was deserving of the honor. They may look hard to pronounce and remember, but if you parse out the persons name it usually isn't that bad. In this case I think Louis was French so the s would be silent.

Like all the complex multi-genera names that end in -ara, this one honors a person. I don't know who Louis Cappe is or was, but apparently someone felt he was deserving of the honor. They may look hard to pronounce and remember, but if you parse out the persons name it usually isn't that bad. In this case I think Louis was French so the s would be silent.

All good and acknowledged but I am too lazy to change the label!

It was originally registered as Yamadaara. That name will never be wrong. But going forward if someone wants to find this plant or information about it knowing Louiscappeara might be necessary.

Latest posts

Back