Wossner's Kolorand, I think

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bcostello

I grew this from compot, labelled topperi x randsii. I have waited 7/8 years for this to bloom. Do you think the label was correct. Also, I have never bloomed a multifloral like this before, and the top part of the buds keep hanging over. I keep trying to straighten it up (see the pics) and it seems to help. Then I stake it as it grows. Is this normal for the top buds to hang over like this?

Very nice, giant and not-so-common cross. Yes, the hang over is pretty typical. The thing is, these guys don't hold the spike erect, at least not naturally. The spikes tend to be held arching, and more or less horizontal or at a slight decline. So, the effect you're experiencing is just something that happens when you try to stake the spike up for a vertical presentation.

Beautiful color and petal stance! Very nice multi in general, especially the first blooming of the batch! Well grown. Keep us updated.

What a beauty! Great flower count. The blooms are well spread along the spike, with the first well separated from the foliage. I particularly like the subtle rose blush in the dorsal.
Interesting engineering going on there! Be careful that you don't break the spike!

I think the label is pretty accurate. That is what I would expect from that cross. First time I have seen this hybrid and I like what I see. Great flower count in particular as you would expect from this hybrid. I gotta get me one of these.

Like the others wrote, just what you've expect from this cross (although kolo-heavy). I like it a lot!

Impressive spike you have got going on there! Remove the peanuts if you haven't already and let the spike develope naturally.

That is a stunner, well space and presented blooms, attractive shape, proportions and the rose tone in the dorsal is simply wow! Then, this lends a whole new dimension to the concept of 'multifloral'!

Latest posts

Back