What's your favorite orchid?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite are:

Paph. rothschildianum
Paph. liemianum
Rhync. digbyana
Rhyncosteele uro-skinneri
Phal. bellina
Paph. armeniacum
paph. hangianum (wish list)
Phrag. besseae
C. lueddemaniana
C. trianaei
etc.. etc...:rollhappy:

Ramon:)

1. Any orange or peach Phrag. - any one at all!
2. Neofinetia falcata - except for those tiger stripe ones.
3. Den. cuthbertsonii - just got two small flasks of these at the show - I'm gonna have fun!
4. Masd. coccinea - too stunning for words, but wish it were a bit easier to flower.

Oh, it's very hard to decide...but I'll try!

Vanda tricolor suavis
Cimbidiella rodochila (or pardalina)
Dendrobium trantuanii and anosmum var. delacourii (and all the other :D)
Cattleya nobilior, forbesii, guttata, aclandiae and iricolor
Laelia lundii and lucasiana
Paphiopedilum bellatulum and philippinense alba
Phragmipedium schlimii, pearcei and bessae
Coelogyne cristata and usitana....

.....mmmh i think i don't have a favorite orchid :D

This is always very hard for me to decide (guess I'll join the crowd). During the winter my favs are (in no partcular order):

Paph micranthum
Paph delenatii
paph armeniacum
Paph malipoense
Paph vietnamense
Paph Magic Lantern (I really like most Parvis actually)
Paph rothschildianum
Phrag Cardinale
Phrag caudatum
Phrag kovachii
Phrag schlimii
Phrag besseae
Phrag fischeri
Mexipediums

But then spring comes and the Cyps come back to life, and then it is difficult to think about anything else. :)

without doubts... Catasetum pileatum is the number one of my list :)

one of my plants, just to show it:

(as for slippers: Paph helenae, I think there is something really special in this species - Pictures will come soon in another thread: my 4 plants are in spike now :))

Paph Pacific Shamrock, rothschildianum, good white complexes, stonei, Sorceror's Stone, Giant Stone, delenatii album, Phrag caudatum, Gloria Naugle, Lady Isabel, emersonii,hang and hybrids, micranthum, armeniacum, fanaticum

If I had to pick one type it would be complexes

If I had to pick one it is tight between any really great large white complex, great Pacific Shamrock or a great roth. If I really had to pick maybe white complex at this moment but could change in 2 seconds. If I had to pick a white complex cross without seeing the flower first it would be Mystic Knight

as spotted complexes shape and size has been improving along with the color and wartiness of the spots they will be on my list soon lol

My favorite orchid is my Brassavola cucullata. Just love the scent of the flowers at night. My plant tends to bloom throughout the summer, too!

My second favorite is Laelia purpurata. Just love the flowers and I find the plants very easy to grow. But they don't flower as much as my B. cucullata.

Back