What's got me excited?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Neo. Lou Sneary from Ernie's yard sale - 2 spikes!
buds001.jpg

Fredclarkeara After Dark!
buds012.jpg

Angcm. Crestwood
buds006.jpg

Hsinying Lady Duck
buds004.jpg

Isochilus linearis, a trade from bullsie, not in bud but look at the new growth since mounting!
buds009.jpg

WOW Rose! Lots of excitement at your place!! Can't wait to see the blooms!
Is that mounted with coconut fiber?

WOW!! Rose, you sure have alot to look forward to, keep them coming... Jim.

Geez Louise add one more this morning - STONEII!!!
Is it normal for the buds to start out on the dark side? This is my first time blooming, I hope.
WOW Rose! Lots of excitement at your place!! Can't wait to see the blooms!
Is that mounted with coconut fiber?
It's mounted on a cork branch with sphag & coconut on the outside to help hold the moss there! It's got a couple of very thick roots, probably wouldn't need much of anything, one root has grown into the hollow part of the branch! I'm getting such a kick out of this plant, it doesn't look like what you think an orchid should, it has very fine leaves but thick roots .....
I think a clonal name is developing here !

Geez Louise add one more this morning - STONEII!!!
Is it normal for the buds to start out on the dark side?!

Yes the buds will look very dark red when they are low in the sheath...it's either late or early for them..whichever way u look at it!

:clap::clap::clap:
Is the Fred Clarkeara a clone or a seedling?
Got it from Orchids Limited, at the Madison show '09, I'm guessing it was a seedling, as I was told it could be black or brown, there was variation in the cross. I would guess if it were a clone, they'd know what color to expect

Back