what is this plant?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool! thanks for the link. that thing is just so strange looking. I would just love to see what selfings of it came out to look like

Well, it got a name. Let's see if that name stands the test of time.

Thanks for the link, Hakone.

It has recently been described then, thanks! it doesn't look bad. The staminode has a nice patterning. Something neat to have in the collection, though I wouldn't go nuts for it.

paph sangii is uglier generally. I don't like the pouch

Thank you Hakone,

I have a question:
How much would you pay for this plant? How much do you think it worth? and how much do you think the Taiwanese will pay for it.
I hate to see Taiwan be monopoly at this one. I will self cross when one of them flower for me.

I also will make (paph sangii x canhii), Is there a award for the ugliest paph? What other crosses would you like to see ?
Thanks,
BD

Thank you Hakone,

I have a question:
How much would you pay for this plant? How much do you think it worth? and how much do you think the Taiwanese will pay for it.
I hate to see Taiwan be monopoly at this one. I will self cross when one of them flower for me.

I also will make (paph sangii x canhii), Is there a award for the ugliest paph? What other crosses would you like to see ?
Thanks,
BD

Hello baodai,
for 1000 USD you can buy the Plant in Ha Noi :D
thank you very much baodai but I cultivate only abino form :drool:

Thanks Hakone..... Personally I think this is way uglier than sangii. Easily the ugliest Paph found yet. :)
David
Now hold on there - sangii has an alien like, unique appearance in my eyes. So yes I agree this is ugly, it has one of those paph x phrag looks. Must say the leaves are gorgeous though!

Now hold on there - sangii has an alien like, unique appearance in my eyes. So yes I agree this is ugly, it has one of those paph x phrag looks. Must say the leaves are gorgeous though!

Sangii certainly isn't pretty (none of the Paphs are really), but there is still something about it that greatly attracts me. The flower has a lot of character. This new species has absolutely nothing going for it in my eyes. Still I want one. :)

David

None??? delenatii? armeniacum? niveum? purpuratum? charlesworthii? henryanum? fairrieanum?

Really, none?

It all depends on your definition of pretty I guess. They are certainly "prettier" than sangii. I guess I have never considered slipper orchids really "pretty" flowers. Not like daffodills, roses or pansies for example. Fascinating, majestic, different "Yes". But pretty? I'm not sure. I show photos of slipper orchids here at work and rarely does anyone say they are pretty. "Alien" is a word used a lot to describe many of them.

David

Latest posts

Back