What else have I missed?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many Neo growers prefer the taller pots for Neos as well, as long as they have feet and large-diameter drainage holes -- styled like Cymbidium pots, cascade pots, trumpet pots. They put the plant on a hollow mound of moss at the top leaving plenty of room for the roots to dangle freely inside below the mound. I prefer pots which with smooth glazed surfaces both inside and out because it makes it much easier to detach the roots from the pot surfaces when it comes time to repot or remoss. Others prefer them unglazed. Some growers like plenty of holes in the walls of the pot for ventilation, while others prefer solid walls.

Let me do some research on the idea. Does anyone have a photo or link to photos of some good Cymbidium pots?

That's perfect, with the measurements. Then my next question is how many different sizes would be needed? Neofinetia pots are a different shape and size, but could I get away with offering just one or two sizes of these taller pots?

That's perfect, with the measurements. Then my next question is how many different sizes would be needed? Neofinetia pots are a different shape and size, but could I get away with offering just one or two sizes of these taller pots?

If nice tall pots were available in different sizes there is probably a demand. A lot of small orchid plants look really nice with their spikes unstaked and cascading...but without an attractive tall pot to display them the flowers get lost.

Hello John!
I am Christine -a fellow potter :)
I think even when you're fully immersed in orchids its still ever changing. Sophronitis is still not clicking as cattleya and neofinetia will certainly never be vanda ha ha ha

I have one of Marni's Cym pots and I'll see if I can measure
it and maybe find a photo I made some time ago. The
photo Lance posted is approximately the size of Marni's,
although I'm totally ignorant about the metric system. I
should think two sizes should be enough, but one should
be enough to start. One of the things I really liked about
Marni's pots was that she never made shiny glazes and
used subtle, natural colors that made the focus the plant
instead of the pot. The one I have is a gray/green that
reflects the lighter color in Brachy leaves...just beautiful and one of my favorite possessions.

Whoa! Didn't expect to see you here! :poke:

I will try to get that email off to you tomorrow. I'm a disaster online these days. Between the news and the news....I've been kind of out of it. Anyway...

re: Neo pots and Cym pots. I thought a couple months ago about asking you about this. I desperately need some nice ones and don't want to pay Japanese prices, frankly! I did mention there was a woman on the Int'l Neo Facebook page that does some nice pottery but I can't figure out where she sells.

Whoa! Didn't expect to see you here! :poke:

I will try to get that email off to you tomorrow. I'm a disaster online these days. Between the news and the news....I've been kind of out of it. Anyway...

re: Neo pots and Cym pots. I thought a couple months ago about asking you about this. I desperately need some nice ones and don't want to pay Japanese prices, frankly! I did mention there was a woman on the Int'l Neo Facebook page that does some nice pottery but I can't figure out where she sells.

I think you just have to pm carol on FB.

Latest posts

Back