What caught your eye this year?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quietaustralian

Reaction score
About this time last year I started a thread "What caught my eye this year" http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23629

I missed a huge number of posts this year and lost the favourites I had saved early in the year due to my hard drive dying.

There was some talk of a yearly Best of Slippertalk but I think the idea died.

So, I invite you to tell us What Caught Your Eye in 2012
Would be great if you could link to the plant/plants that caught your eye.

Regards, Mick

Well this isn't from this past year (it's from 2009) but I first came across it this year so I hope that counts.

Drorchid's Gemstone's Randschild
PaphGemstonesRandschildTigerGem-pla.jpg

From this thread: Link

Also, Paph. Maria and Paph. Franz caught my eye and these are from this year (Link)

Tracey's Pleurothallis grobyi (http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27147&highlight=grobyi) got my attention enough for me to buy one from Ecuagenera. The little thing is pushing out spikes as I write.

Bob in Albany and Erythrone's Paph Nimit also got my attention and I tried to obtain one but was thwarted by CITES. I got a Paph Long Look instead.

I thought I'd grab the pics from the links in the previous posts and put them here.

Paphiopedilum Maria
PaphiopedilumMaria-GaryRomagnaXanitum2011-06-27OlafGrussa.jpg

PaphiopedilumMaria-GaryRomagnaXanitum2011-06-27OlafGrussc.jpg

Paphiopedilum Franz

PaphiopedilumFranz-PrinceEdwardofYorkXgigantifolium2011-05Pflanzec.jpg

PaphiopedilumFranz-PrinceEdwardofYorkXgigantifolium2011-05Bltebseitlich.jpg

Brassia verrucosa. 16 spikes

Paph Hsinying Franz (rothschildianum 'In-Charm' SM/TPS x Stoned Susan 'In-Charm'

TDT's Pleurothallis grobyi

Too lazy to post the link, but the helenae display posted by Martin (I think)
instantly set me on a hunt to acquire as many helenae as I could get my
greedy little hands on...three so far.

Mick - here is the same clone from a few weeks ago. Not at its best as it is still recovering from being divided, but nice enough. It was beaten for Champion by the same owners Bulbophyllum phalaenopsis.

Back