wenshanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry

Reaction score
wenshanense.jpg

No spot!

That's no 'alba form' - if you look closely you will see some remaining small red dots. But I agree - it's a cool looking bloom.

True and It looks like the undersides of the leaves are colored but I wonder if selfed whether pure albums would come from it?

NICE!

That's no 'alba form' - if you look closely you will see some remaining small red dots. But I agree - it's a cool looking bloom.

The red colour is at the back of dorsal and it has normal colour leaves. In Taiwan they call this semi-alba but I think this is incorrect.

yes semi-alba is totally incorrect terminology. that phrase refers to something that aside from the labellum is albinistic. this would fall into like an fma. aureum or fma. flavum category in my mind. I have a few that were sib crosses of this form from taiwan and below is a photo of my best one, it booms with the pristine creamy yellow flowers which are completely devoid of any pigmentation. The underside of the leaves, inflorescence, bract, etc are all speckled with purple but not even close to as dark as my typical wenshanense, also not even close to as light the color (pure green) of like, say, a bellatulum alba

i have mine all labelled as Paph. wenshanese fma. flavum

IMG_0598.jpg

yes semi-alba is totally incorrect terminology. that phrase refers to something that aside from the labellum is albinistic. this would fall into like an fma. aureum or fma. flavum category in my mind. I have a few that were sib crosses of this form from taiwan and below is a photo of my best one, it booms with the pristine creamy yellow flowers which are completely devoid of any pigmentation. The underside of the leaves, inflorescence, bract, etc are all speckled with purple but not even close to as dark as my typical wenshanense, also not even close to as light the color (pure green) of like, say, a bellatulum alba

i have mine all labelled as Paph. wenshanese fma. flavum

IMG_0598.jpg

Label one with my name on it...

Latest posts

Back