water water everywhere & no rain barrels yet!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

It is Finally raining again here, and I finally have 3 new 30 gallon barrels to use for rain barrels in the backyard, but the rest of the stuff to hook them up is not here yet! :( It's been raining here all day so far, so my little makeshift plastic tub has filled and spilled over several times already. It doesn't even hold 10 gallons, but it's still something, and I just filter it through a funnel lined with a square from an old t-shirt. My husband is an engineer though, so he researched and ordered one of the filter system things that flushes and discards the first of the cruddy water that washes the roof clean, and then diverts the rest of the cleaner water, screens out the leaves/keeps out mosquitoes, and sends it to the rain barrels, so it should be really nice once the system is set up! Can't remember what the brand was off the top of my head, but once it's up and running I'll do an initial review post on it, and then try to follow up later after it's been in use for awhile to let everyone know how it holds up. Hope others needing rain are starting to get some too!!! Been a heck of a summer!

Latest posts

Back