• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Variegated insigne on ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This definitely is a non-stable variegation type, so even though you may be getting a division that has one "veriegated" growth, it doesn't mean the next growths will be variegated at all...it could "outgrow" it, and just produce green growths from now on...

Robert

Is there any importance of variegation at all? Less chlorophyll, weaker plant, but same flower as typical form. I never could understand the high price of variegated plants.

This definitely is a non-stable variegation type, so even though you may be getting a division that has one "veriegated" growth, it doesn't mean the next growths will be variegated at all...it could "outgrow" it, and just produce green growths from now on...

Robert

True.

Is there any importance of variegation at all? Less chlorophyll, weaker plant, but same flower as typical form. I never could understand the high price of variegated plants.

Only if you are into it. :p

Certain culture, mostly Far East, puts a lot of focus on the leaves rather than flowers on certain plants, but paphs are not one of them. Mainly Cymbidiums and Neofenitias.

I would have this paph just for a variety's sake as long as the flowers are not freaky. :D
The price is good, if the whole clump is up for sale.
If not, I'd rather buy cheap spider plants. hahaha

Back