• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

anitum in bud on ebay $1000

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lately seedling multiflorals go for 60.00 blooming or blooming size well over 100.00, I have lost multiple auctions gone well over 150.00 thats for blooming size, that said, you are a very rude person, you portray behavior of an elitist

Uh huh, there is a name for people like you among the orchid community .. oh geez, what is it? Right on the tip of my tongue...

A word for guys like me...well mannered, good father, easy to get along with, and easy to work with, I am also very compassionate, usually smart, although sometimes I make bad decisions..sometimes

just don't buy it. if there's any hint of yellow on the dorsal when it blooms then the value will drop like a rock. it really is that simple.

Total greed!!!

why is it total greed?
-I am no expert , but why do we think that the price of the anitum that Peter listed is too high ? maybe someone with more knowledge about this species and the species' market price can chime in .
-we do not know how much he has too pay for this plant when he imported it (it may be already very pricey) , he also has to pay for the cost of shipping , the fee to the broker, and other importing hassle we wouldn't want to deal with .
-we also do not know all the details , perhaps the breeding parents are a notch above average .
-how about the potential of how willing this plant in making bud , perhaps an expert paph grower could self the plant and make seedlings , how much will he/she recoup all the investment and may be more ?

I bought plants from Peter many times in the past (granted just the lower range plants) , I find him to be a honest seller and a good person.

So what if he only paid $18 for it? He can charge what ever wants. Just the fact that he has orchids for $1 k makes me want to see his stuff.

I know Peter has donated many orchids to the local Orange County Orchid Society and everyone has always been happy if they are lucky enough to get one. His reputation is top notch. He can get get top $$$ if he choses.

why is it total greed?
-I am no expert , but why do we think that the price of the anitum that Peter listed is too high ? maybe someone with more knowledge about this species and the species' market price can chime in .
-we do not know how much he has too pay for this plant when he imported it (it may be already very pricey) , he also has to pay for the cost of shipping , the fee to the broker, and other importing hassle we wouldn't want to deal with .
-we also do not know all the details , perhaps the breeding parents are a notch above average .
-how about the potential of how willing this plant in making bud , perhaps an expert paph grower could self the plant and make seedlings , how much will he/she recoup all the investment and may be more ?

I bought plants from Peter many times in the past (granted just the lower range plants) , I find him to be a honest seller and a good person.
Exactly, I know someone who has paid thousands each for Roth Canadian club, Perfection, Jim Krull, etc etc and donated pollen or the plant to be used for breeding and look what we have now.. people like to complain because they like to vent about some ego issue they have, meanwhile there are people doing hard work and making these plants available to everyone .. I see a lot of ignorance on this forum ( that's my rudeness coming through )

A word for guys like me...well mannered, good father, easy to get along with, and easy to work with, I am also very compassionate, usually smart, although sometimes I make bad decisions..sometimes

Wow you must live in alternative reality. I read your garbage on here and ignore it but you just keep going.

It's interesting when you ask questions like the Roth proud question and no one responds, you know why, half the forum put you on the ignore list. Doesn't that tell you something.

My fear is you are putting people of the forum

Sigh, why is that an anitum would have a yellow background .. does that not make it an anitum? How does that qualify it as an imperfection?

perfect anitum
73623.jpg

imperfect anitum
73622.jpg

See the difference? Obviously, if it had yellow background then it'd be just your old adductum which is even worse for its value.

The point still stands- wait for its bloom then you can accurately assess its value rather than paying extra based on speculation of a first bloom plant.

perfect anitum
73623.jpg

imperfect anitum
73622.jpg

See the difference? Obviously, if it had yellow background then it'd be just your old adductum which is even worse for its value.

The point still stands- wait for its bloom then you can accurately assess its value rather than paying extra based on speculation of a first bloom plant.

got it,thanks for the clarification

If a splash of different dorsal color is the only thing different between adductum and anitum, then anitum isn't even a valid species.

Wow you must live in alternative reality. I read your garbage on here and ignore it but you just keep going.

It's interesting when you ask questions like the Roth proud question and no one responds, you know why, half the forum put you on the ignore list. Doesn't that tell you something.

My fear is you are putting people of the forum

7677d106f4c30e0ad3e481166ccb6e1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had the money....and my old grow room....I'd gladly shell out the cash to buy this. It's absolutely wonderful and a valuable addition for any serious collector.

Cattmad, you are right, I beleive you can't make everybody happy, I told my 4 year old son after he went up to a group of thug african american fellows and tried to befriend them, and they chased us trying to beat us up, literally, that not everybody is going to like you, not for any reason, other than their own

Back