• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

anitum in bud on ebay $1000

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder why they are going extinct, for 1,000 dollars every villager within 500 miles is gonna search for it!!!!

Prices are dictated by what the market will pay. The larger the audience like ebay the greater the chance of a high price.

No wonder why they are going extinct, for 1,000 dollars every villager within 500 miles is gonna search for it!!!!

Well, unfortunately, I don't think those villager gets very little money regardless of how much a certain plant is sold for at the final market place.

I think 1000 is a fair price for the plant he has...given that roth FCC's go for thousands of dollars themselves. Anitum is probably the best thing to come along in paph breeding since sanderianum 20 years ago. If I had the money I would buy it...and it's also coming from a highly reputable grower

We all should remember that in 1993 , you could not find any roths for reasonable prices and flasks of premium breeding went for 1000 dollars. Not the case anymore

Until someone breeds easy to grow anitums, the availability is always going to be low and prices are always going to be high

The more of these that are sold the faster they will come to the market for the rest of us. Give it a few years.

yep, it's a natural course of events that allow breeders who put a lot of time and effort into creating new hybrids to be rightfully compensated by the market.

In addition, I hardly think Mr. Lin is greedy. He has time and money invested in that plant and it's a beauty. Being
the owner of a tree nursery, I hate hearing this kind of
attitude about pricing. If one wants quality, one has to
pay the price for years of care and expense.

I'm sorry mr. Lin, not thinking of the big picture..I talked to alan, he said 15 years ago he spent 10,000 on a roth so... orchid collecting is mostly for rich people, ed, you are right

I'm sorry mr. Lin, not thinking of the big picture..I talked to alan, he said 15 years ago he spent 10,000 on a roth so... orchid collecting is mostly for rich people, ed, you are right

whatever...don't use my words to prop your argument

I knew someone who got a piece of roth 'rex' (3 growth plant) in a trade. In the nineties, I myself got some high quality species of paphs that I got in trades..parishii, stonei, and adductum. I am a student and live off 1000/month and manage to have a pretty nice collection of multiflorals and have never made more than 30 grand a year..have won 6 awards in the past 5 years..so I am not sure what you are blabbering about..orchid collecting is like any form of collecting, it's more about being smart and intuitive...some paphs go for trades, some are sold. I once had an anitum that I got for 75.00, nbs seedling..I killed it. I see anitum seedlings available for under 100 every now and then...even flasks for a couple hudnred. One day they will be available like sanderianums

Lately seedling multiflorals go for 60.00 blooming or blooming size well over 100.00, I have lost multiple auctions gone well over 150.00 thats for blooming size, that said, you are a very rude person, you portray behavior of an elitist

Latest posts

Back