Uploading Photos on Slippertalk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what I did wrong..still learning to use a Mac..but now it works fine.

Could someone please tell me the easiest, current best way/service to post pics using dial up? (Our phone company is working to get high speed here,but we are way out in the country.) It took a good portion of yesterday evening for my husband to size my 4 vanda pics and get them ready for attachments as thumbnail pics. I have many pics of spring and summer blooms I didn't post because of the time involved in posting photos. ( Learned the hard way to label them when uploaded from camera because several months later,don't remember which they were)
If there is a 'Posting Photo for Dummies' service,I'd like to know about it!
Thanks in advance!!

'Taking photos for Dummies' is a pre-requisite! I'm still stuck on that one! :(

NYEric, re-read the sections on...
-obtaining and using a tripod
-not using your stovetop as a background
:rollhappy:

Shoot, at least you post pix- I almost never do.

Which service is the most user friendly- image shack,photobucket or Flickr, for the computer challenged?

Been using imageshack. Although one photo doesn't matter, in my experience, it seems to work better after midnight.(less traffic/users???)

Etex!
I had the same high level of frustration when I was using Dial Up service. I also live in the country and the closest antenna available for high speed Internet is located about 15 km away as the crow flies, which is about the limit.
In Canada, I use Rogers wireless for high speed Internet. It comes with a small wireless console stuck close to a window. It works fine most time but I think I will need an antenna to improve communications.
I find PhotoBucket very good but it's better to use it in the morning. Later in the day, I experienced long delays and traffic jams on the net.
As for Image Shack or other photo sites, I find them slow and sometimes laborious to download. :)

I loved using Photobucket BUT unfortunately the hospital I work for banded (blocked) the use of it, claiming it was a file sharing site. At work I'm unable to view anybodies PICs including my own. Imageshack they have no problems with. Go figure that one out!:mad:

Both Photobucket and Picasa are also blocked at the company I work for... Flickr is not :)

Diane!!!

Bumping this up for Etex (Diane)...

Check out the first page of this thread for some posting info on imageshack.

Joanne

All of a sudden I can't upload photos. I get the message that the file is too big to upload...same size file that I have always had no problem uploading. How do I get around this? Or should I just wait until Imageshack behaves itself again? (That's what I have done in the past...every now and then Imageshack doesn't work...it stays like that for a few weeks, and then works normally again.)

Just want to see if it works.
Well, it didnt work. still have to find out how to connect my Flickr pics with this Forum
5357292433_1382a889ce.jpg

O.K. now I got it

Last edited:
Thanks to Heather and others who helped me posting photos to ST.
Since then, I have been using PhotoBucket. But no thumbnail. I just copy the direct link IMG (in my Album -PhotoBucket) and pasted on to my thread in ST

Thanks to Heather and others who helped me posting photos to ST.
Since then, I have been using PhotoBucket. But no thumbnail. I just copy the direct link IMG (in my Album -PhotoBucket) and pasted on to my thread in ST
Yup -- that's how I do it.

I moved over from Photobucket to Imageshack after I found out Photobucket would manipulate the photos during the process. I am very happy with the move. The photos I upload into Imageshack are the exact photos that gets posted onto the forum.

What I really love about Imageshack is that they provide a standalone uploader software which means I can upload my photos into Imageshack without having to log onto their website. The software just connects to the website and uploads the photos based on my login details which I only needed to provide once. It is so much faster and simpler. It is brilliant. I was finding uploading files into Photobucket pretty slow and cumbersombe.

David

Latest posts

Back