True Paphiopedilum rothschildianum - ebay seller

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of new ebay sellers selling large quantities of low value products to boost their initial ratings. It seems like it would be easier to just do the right thing though.

so,how does one explain all the great reviews (hundreds) he has?

Remember, feedback is usually left around the time when you receive the plants. As long as it's in good shape, looks like the plant in the picture, and was shipped promptly, we leave good feedback. Two years down the road when that plant blooms and it's not what it is supposed to be, well too late to change it. Also, if we have problems with something we order, most sellers will try to work it out to avoid the negative feedback. When too much negative feedback is left, then all they have to do is close the account and open another one in a new name and now have a perfect record again.

Remember, feedback is usually left around the time when you receive the plants. As long as it's in good shape, looks like the plant in the picture, and was shipped promptly, we leave good feedback. Two years down the road when that plant blooms and it's not what it is supposed to be, well too late to change it. Also, if we have problems with something we order, most sellers will try to work it out to avoid the negative feedback. When too much negative feedback is left, then all they have to do is close the account and open another one in a new name and now have a perfect record again.

well, duh ...still doesn't explain how he has over 600 great reviews

well, duh ...still doesn't explain how he has over 600 great reviews

You can buy good reviews, there are companies that specialize in review boosting. They generate hundreds of fake transactions so that they can leave reviews. Ebay is not as effective as Google in finding and eliminating the fakes.

Also, a lot of people are reluctant to post negative reviews on Ebay. For me, if I order something, the vendor sends me something, attempts to remedy bad situations, then I am willing to post something positive. If something takes forever to arrive, I won't complain if the seller acknowledges the delay. In all, I have had mostly good experiences on Ebay. Of the few bad experiences, most were resolved. I have never once posted a negative rating...once I simply didn't bother to post. My only bad deal was resolved by complaining to Ebay and Paypal...didn't have to post a rating, as the seller suddenly disappeared. No loss in the end, no complaints.

This seller is well known in the UK especially on the UK forum. Uses many different names and the plants are nearly always exceptional and very rare --
or so you are led to believe. When I first started using ebay I bought a plant from her former name of tangleloft meadows and complained --- I am now banned from all her sites. I don't know how it's done but the crap she sells go for very high prices -- that's if you can trust what's put on ebay????
By the way someone mentioned a german ebayer you can't trust --- would the name begin with a b------le???

Ed

Do not deal with this seller! He's a rip off artist! He has stolen my photos and used them to sell his plants, lying to his customers as he represents my plants as the ones he's going to send to the auction winners. He totally ignored my e-mails and continued to use my photos. He also has ignored and not paid the invoice I sent to him. This guy is only out to make a buck and he does not care about honesty! If you send him money for a plant, God only knows what he'll send to you, if he sends anything!

John you can report to ebay of unauthorised use of images etc. See here:

pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html#reporting

Click on the ''contact us to report it'' blue text.

John you can report to ebay of unauthorised use of images etc. See here:

pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html#reporting

Click on the ''contact us to report it'' blue text.
That's true, Ryan, but it's a big pain. By the time you go through their process, the auction is ended. Though I must say they (ebay) has taken down a couple of my photos that were stolen after I asked them to (through their process).

This seller is well known in the UK especially on the UK forum. Uses many different names and the plants are nearly always exceptional and very rare --
or so you are led to believe. When I first started using ebay I bought a plant from her former name of tangleloft meadows and complained --- I am now banned from all her sites. I don't know how it's done but the crap she sells go for very high prices -- that's if you can trust what's put on ebay????
By the way someone mentioned a german ebayer you can't trust --- would the name begin with a b------le???

Ed

welcoem in the club of banned peopel :evil:

Lol I'm about to join the club!!!

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back