True Paphiopedilum rothschildianum - ebay seller

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregor

Reaction score
Googling on eBay I have found this seller that bid a declared Paphiopedilum rothschildianum. Could you give me some opinion about that?
Many thanks :)

I got my roth as a first bloom seedling on eBay a few years back from a reputeable dealer. It is now a multi growth plant that has rebloomed. Just be conscious of the seller's reviews. And beware cold shipping conditions this late in the year

The plant in the photo looks OK, but as Ed says, you wnt know until it blooms. The feedback level is pretty high so that accounts for something.

Do not deal with this seller! He's a rip off artist! He has stolen my photos and used them to sell his plants, lying to his customers as he represents my plants as the ones he's going to send to the auction winners. He totally ignored my e-mails and continued to use my photos. He also has ignored and not paid the invoice I sent to him. This guy is only out to make a buck and he does not care about honesty! If you send him money for a plant, God only knows what he'll send to you, if he sends anything!

Those leaves look more like roth hybrid to me. Chiu Hua Dancer maybe? Roth's leaves are more narrow, erect and the tips are pointing up? What do you guys think?

Gregor stay away from this,him stolen photo ,also if this roth is no bad but all plant that him sell are in very bad condition,(stay alert ,it could be only an illusion)him change name sometime on ebay but the plant are the same,recognizably too. I bought from him,I don't remember exactly maybe a years ago a Delrosi ,I was impressed more from flower photo than plant itself,I have done the mistakes of beginner.
and I remember that at the end of bid when the seller convert the price pound in euro I paid a lot more than I was thought before ,I find from the leave also trace of cochineal ,the plant was dehydrate too and only one growth is good enough, at the end of story I paid the plant 40euro and more,a very expensive price for a bad and tiny plant , now I put him on my blacklist .
on ukorchidforum have spoken negatively about this person too but unfortunately I have arrived late:mad::mad::mad:
stai all'occhio ,ciao gregorio,anna

he changes often names, he only sale what is rare and searched for.
I think he often read this forum, then a while after a pic is published here, he starts to offer them.

He sold 3 times, the same in bud plant, and the people bought it get one without bud.
I think he buys plants which are cheap or in normal store and most turn out to be complex.
He looks in which direction it can go and then he post it.

I asked him a few times where he got his plants for, and how can he prove it. He always replyed thathe has the agreement of using this pics.
Then I contacted a few of the members here and none of them have given him the agreement. But after to many negative feedback he starts with a new name. often the plant is cut in fresh pices and then has not many change to survive. the same for other kinds of orchids.

I have 2 friends who was chased up, I was always scared to buy, as his offers was to good to be true.
I think at least one member out here told me when we discussed this vendor beofre in a dfferent thread, that she think he is no what I think from this person, actual there is at least 3 names in eBay he sell.

We have a similar person in germany.

And another one who still is doing this he sell nearly all, even if the plant is not legal....

Those leaves look more like roth hybrid to me. Chiu Hua Dancer maybe? Roth's leaves are more narrow, erect and the tips are pointing up? What do you guys think?

looks exactly like a geen valley x dou fang i once bloomed..roths can vary in growth habits and i dont see any incentive in lying about it being a roth over a chia hua dancer as they are equally in demand

Latest posts

Back