Trouble Cycnoches

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Here it goes!
This is Cycnoches Jumbo Cooper x cooperi that I bought three years ago.
It would make multiple spikes with a dozen buds each year, but they would all just dry up and die before opening up. So I have not yet seen any flowers on this plant so far.
It is otherwise a good plant, good growing and obviously willing bloomer.

This year, the plant is about double the size of the last year's growth and the first spike is coming out now.
I really hope it will make it to open bloom this time around.

I've already bought a couple more of the same cross from eBay, but they don't look as strong and healthy as this plant.

AHdzIkGl.jpg

Oh I pray it works out for you this time. Growth looks good.

Keep it well watered and FEED IT! Lol. I'm using a teaspoon a gallon right now during the heat of summer, almost everything gets watered and fed almost every day (some twice a day). But I did ease it up to that point incrementally.

Two weeks have passed and I see about twenty buds.
This is about the stage the whole thing dried up and died mysteriously, except it had about a dozen or so buds in the last two years.

If it makes it this time, it would be spectacular!!! :)

QVyZqRZl.jpg

Unfortunately, it is doing the same, again.
I see the tip starting to die.
This is exactly what it did in the last two years, except it has double the number of buds. Sigh~

It will make more spikes, all of them blast at this stage.
Must be the genetic.

Otherwise, this is among the very few of cycnoches/catasetum I have that are completely free of funny spots and warts.
What a pity!

No idea but it did this exact same thing every year in the last three years.
I can safely say it's the plant.
I have quite a few others. This is not normal.

Latest posts

Back