topperi x Mabella ?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

I recently I brought this lovely flower, but I don't think it is correct. I can not find anything called Mabella. So all I know is one parent is P. kolopackingii var topperi.

A couple of people have said they think the, Mabella just be Ma belle but I don't think thats right as there's very little green.

A friend this it's a very poor quality P. Rolfei, or could be a cross with P. Psyche or another strong primary brachy hybrid.

I have emailed the people I brought the plant off but I know that they pretty much just import all there plants.

Any suggests very much welcome

Thanks

Chris

Hard to tell, I think if it was a kolo hybrid the leaves would be much bigger, at least it blooms!!

To be honest I didn't expect anything, I brought it in flower so knew what I was getting. I like the bloom very much, it just that the lable is wrong as I like to have full names to orchids.

Well the parent Mabella dosent exist, there's one called Marbella but that's a complex Paph so had no Brachypetalum in it mix.
The next hybrid would be Ma Belle, but looming at all of those crosses they are mainly green in colour and this is not.

I'm very happy with the plant and the out come of the hybrid, yes it won't win any awards at all but that's not why I buy and grow orchids.

A few other paphs breeders have said they don't believe the cross and that Ma Belle has a lot of green in it, so I'm just asking for a bit of advice.

The seller has said they made a spelling mistake and that it's parent is Ma Belle, so that's what I shall lable it with, but the grower buys most of there orchids in from, large growers.

But I am very happy with the plant, just I have had a few negative comments when I have post orchids in the past on other platforms with the name it came with to be told the name is incorrect to the flower.

Thanks I'm happy with it,
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hopefully it will be a good grower and not slow and fical

I would stick with topperi x Ma Belle. It looks like you plant got more bellatulum in it than malipoense, that is all. The staminode looks very malipoense-ish.

It flowers well and it might flower better in time. The droopiness of the bloom is very bellatulum.

Back