the midget lady of the night

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oooppss

P7180020.jpg

Nice! I hate you, but in a good way--you've given me more hope for this...thing! This mini object has been with me for years, grown into a luscious mat of spiky foliage on a piece of tree fern alongside other brassavolas, but no blooms, though it had them before I got it. I keep it around as a challenge, and because the leaves are quite cool in their own right. Thanks for reminding me it can in fact bloom!

Your nodosa has a pretty shape; it seems not as large as mine but therefore the petals/sepals do not bend foreward; here a pict of my nodosa as a comparison! (I have this one (4 spikes flowering and 3 in bud) and about 6 smaller divisions, all flowering at present; they do need as much sun as possible!!). Jean

brassavolanodosa4568408kn2.jpg

As a BS plant, Little Stars is much larger than Minnie Mouse (and will have more flowers because of cordata). MM isn't what I have I guess--it's just labeled "small form", and none of the leaves are longer than 2", but there are about 100 growths on it now. My 'Mas Mejor' x 'Remar' blooms reliably for months on end...looks a lot more like Jean's actually!

I like the single blossom on the Minnie Mouse though--such a graceful shape, and having just one lets you focus on that.

Latest posts

Back