The growing areas MEGATHREAD!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a Betta??

Beware of their addictive properties! I still and always will blame my one Betta for all the money I've spent on fish and corals the last couple years. I've never been good at self control either though...

Great setup too BTW!

Jon

NYC Apt photos finally.

eric053.jpg
My front lawn
eric054.jpg

My front lawn 2
eric055.jpg

Where the World Trade Center was!
eric045.jpg

Growing area
eric006.jpg

My fountain.

no problem, it just gives a different perspective. I now have some ideas for my walls in the basement.

The Growing areas Megathread

NYERIC and others, Eric your view is fine if you like cities. This is the view I have just up the road. Its not quite like this at the moment since the massive fires here in January 2006 which almost burnt us out as well but the trees are growing again. All we need is a bit more rain.

Roy

Attachments

• Halls Gap.jpg
    Halls Gap.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 135
Some new pics in photobucket

Hello Eric, no I'm Victoria Aust'. Western side with the Grampians Mts as a neighbour.
If this link works, it will take you to my Gallery in Photobucket. It seems to more friendly to use than others. I'm having problems with the other side I gave out, it wont reproduce the pics properly at the moment.
In the new pics I have put in 3 pics of my Paph / phrag & everything else house. I have some more to put in but time is short.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/fyanscreek/
( double click )

I will add some more flower pics and pics of the plants themselves as I go along. Please visit the site on a regular basis. I will advise when more pics have been added when I can.

Roy.

crazy growing area, eric!
here's mine. well, the space at home.
there's a stanhopea hanging off the coffee tree you can barely see on the right...
homegrow1.jpg

homegrow.jpg

Likespaphs, like me you probably think you're getting crowded. I thought so until I visited someone's rooftop greenhouses and saw the plants stacked 4 levels high!! Buy more orchids!

Roy

Your photos are beautiful. I sure would like to have your Zesta 'Orb.

I bookmarked you site so I can drool again later.

Growing Area Update

Well, here's my summer update.

Inside I have this little miniature area (which looks awful with the lamps in the way but they are indeed necessary) I am trying to make it aesthetically pleasing and hope to have all the Neos mounted in the traditional manner as soon as my moss and pot arrive (they are currently lost, along with my 'Gekkeikan' in the priority mail system.:( keep your fingers crossed for me please!)

img1581pp4.jpg

As of last weekend, all of my other plants are newly repotted and residing outside. Something I said I would never do. I tested about 10 of them first, the less valuable ones, and they've done fine, so the rest are out enjoying the summertime weather.
img1591ch7.jpg

Since I imagine someone will ask, the ones on the top get the most sun, and they are the ones that have been aclimated longer, the others are adjusting still, so far no sunburn. Once the others adjust, I'll move them around periodically. They get about an hour of full sun midday and dappled sunlight in the morning and late afternoon. The temps are warmer and more humid than I can provide in my basement space at this time of year.

When I water, I move them off the shelves so that they don't drip upon one another. When it rains, I'm hoping they'll fend for themselves. To grow plants outside, one must learn to give up some control, but I keep a strong watch on them daily, to make sure we don't have any problems. So far, so good.

Latest posts

Back