Terry Root and the Orchid Zone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a lighter note...what happened to strong advertising?

That Coca Cola ad, and the Keep America Beautiful campaign were pretty amazing...

Before anyone says anything, I realize that what I am going to post now is pretty stereotypical, I majored in Native American Studies, but in 1974, these were pretty good marketing strategies.
Obviously, many of us remember both of these...

http://www.aef.com/misc_video/adcouncil/indian_in_canoe_60.mpg

What happen to the ads like these?
Because our government did not care (in fact we do not care, the government is a mirror of ourselves).
While some kids volonteer at the hospitals & bagging food for the homeless, picking garbages on the road side etc , I also witness adults driving humvees, flashy cars tossing out coffe cups, beer cans right on the middle of the streets .

Drama. I agree with the cult of personality comment. Simply through deciding that less exposure to the general orchid community is better for him, every time I've seen his name mentioned it generates more discussion that anyone else. Rock on Terry!

I hope that if I open a retail establishment one day, I'll be able to have Terry as a wholesaler.

I'm glad we all have personalities and occasionally have differences of opinion. Makes life interesting, you know!

As for the commercials, I've watched the Coke commercial over and over, at least a dozen times. I think I'm falling in love with one of those girls...

I'm glad we all have personalities and occasionally have differences of opinion. Makes life interesting, you know!

As for the commercials, I've watched the Coke commercial over and over, at least a dozen times. I think I'm falling in love with one of those girls...

Do you know her current age ??

As far as i am concerned, Terry Root and Frank Smith are the top two breeders of Paphs. in the USA.

Do you know her current age ??

Maybe he is gerontophilic :rollhappy::rollhappy: or he can still contact to know if she has a daughter !

As far as i am concerned, Terry Root and Frank Smith are the top two breeders of Paphs. in the USA.

Definitely! There are some more, but for the consistency of results, and the wide range of genuses, they are the only two. Terry bred some stunning draculas ( I still have several d.vampira from him that are really massive), miltoniopsis, phalaenopsis ( the equestris special strain), and a lot more, and Frank Smith a lot of catts, vandas etc...

He had some personnal and professionnal problems, including a business divorce together with the fake sanderianum story, and people selling other plants under the Orchid Zone name, along with some more.

Hey Sanderianum - Would you tell the story of the fake sanderianums for those of us not familiar?

Thanks,
e-spice

Latest posts

Back