Stan. tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome.

How long have you been growing it? I picked up a flask from TM a couple of years ago and a few are getting decent size.

Do you have a clonal name for this plant?

I got it from a friend not to long ago, maybe nine months ago. She had never bloomed the plant. Just let it dry out well between waterings and kept it outside for the summer. Thats its.

No clonal name on the plant. Its actually labeled "wardii". Keyed it out last night and figured it out to be tigrinum.

I'll take some more pictures with size reference tonight or tomorrow. Looking at the AOS awards for this species they are all around 4-6" and this one EASILY is that big.

Tyler

Sorry......I am computer dumb!

tyler

:) don't worry about it! it took me years to figure out how to set the resolution, dpi and ppi for images so that they were the right size to see on the screen, and to upload. couldn't figure out why an image that a program says should be 4" x 5", would show up on the screen like 8" or so.... (because of high dpi etc)

I got it from a friend not to long ago, maybe nine months ago. She had never bloomed the plant. Just let it dry out well between waterings and kept it outside for the summer. Thats its.

Tyler

What temperatures and light? I have a few Stanhopeas, including tigrina, but can't figure out how to bloom them. Do you soak the plant when you water, then let it dry out? How dry do you let it get?

Thanks everyone!

Kevin, when I water its just enough to moisten the outer sphagnum moss while the inner portion (bark, perlite and charcoal) gets well watered. It completely drys out between waterings. Temperature ranges from mid 50's at night to no more than 85 in the day. Some have said that that is too extreme but it seems to work for me.

Tyler

Back