St Swithin 'Penn Valley' 09'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
It's a little early for posting PICs but I just got a new camera! So of course I had to try it out on the forum. This plant has really taken a liking to it's new home and has been living up to it's AM award for the last 3 years. Five flowers again this year.

Side shot.
PStSwithinPennValley3_09.jpg

Front
PStSwithinPennValley1_09.jpg

Closeup
PStSwithinPennValley2_09.jpg

St. Swithin is always worth to be shown here especially when it's such a well grown plant with lovely coloured blooms. Further more congrats to the new camera.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

:drool: This is why I have a St. Swithin! :clap: Hope it's as nice ...... when it gets around to bloomin!
Did you mention in another thread what kind of camera you got?

:drool: This is why I have a St. Swithin! :clap: Hope it's as nice ...... when it gets around to bloomin!
Did you mention in another thread what kind of camera you got?
Thanks all. Rose it's the same as Gilda's! Panisonic dmc fz28. One of those super zoom jobs. There is a lot to read and learn and I hope to get more consistent PICs and better at it.

hi,

Lovely plant and flowers. I am very envious.

What is the parentage of this cross? Was it a roebelenii or laevigatum philippinense form?

On the topic of breeding, when it comes to breeding St Swithins, does it matter whether the pod parent is the roth or the philippinense? I have 4 flasks of roebelenii which I hope will be blooming within the next 10 years :) but no roths to cross too. Getting roth pollen seems a better bet than a flowering size roth within the next 10 years...

Lovely plant.

hi,

Lovely plant and flowers. I am very envious.

What is the parentage of this cross? Was it a roebelenii or laevigatum philippinense form?

On the topic of breeding, when it comes to breeding St Swithins, does it matter whether the pod parent is the roth or the philippinense? I have 4 flasks of roebelenii which I hope will be blooming within the next 10 years :) but no roths to cross too. Getting roth pollen seems a better bet than a flowering size roth within the next 10 years...

Lovely plant.
Ty I have to get back to you on the parents and other info.

Tyrone,
There is no information on the tag for parents. I suspect roth was the pod parent. I do know this clone recieved it's first AM in June of 1982 so, it has been a round for a long time.

Latest posts

Back