Spoils from Piping Rock (with photos)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've had him at our club a number of times, and I am a mostly phal species grower, so...... though I notice that he sometimes has some phals. if he were a little closer and had things that I was more interested in I probably would have gone long before but no point tempting fate!

lol I was just thinking the same thing! how does a college student come up with the green to be able to buy all of these plants?! ..especially 'those' plants

I live within driving distance of Piping Rock, and have never been to the greenhouse(s) (such restraint) though I should be contacting him to schedule a vendor visit from our club

Well... I live with my mom, who pays all the bills, and I work full-time during the summer and part-time during the winter, and student loans pay for most of my tuition and books. So, most of the money I make is my own, and instead of saving it I spend it on plants (though I do save a little, just not as much as I should)!

lol I was just thinking the same thing! how does a college student come up with the green to be able to buy all of these plants?! ..especially 'those' plants....

Well... I live with my mom, who pays all the bills, and I work full-time during the summer and part-time during the winter, and student loans pay for most of my tuition and books. So, most of the money I make is my own, and instead of saving it I spend it on plants (though I do save a little, just not as much as I should)!

That's OK Joe, no explanation needed - we're just a bit envious!

yes, no judgement on my part, only jealousy! ;) I know the situation, I rented from my father/stepmother while working the years after high school, had free golf, and school was cheap then. unfortunately though I did start growing orchids at that time, none of the them are still alive :( . I'm sure your growing skills at this point are far better than mine were as well!

Good for you Joe, enjoy it! You remind me of a friend in Europe who lives with his parents. He uses much of his income on plants and traveling. He said if his mom ever knew how much he spent on his blue catt collection (one of many he has), she would throw him out of the house! :rollhappy:

yes, no judgement on my part, only jealousy! ;) I know the situation, I rented from my father/stepmother while working the years after high school, had free golf, and school was cheap then. unfortunately though I did start growing orchids at that time, none of the them are still alive :( . I'm sure your growing skills at this point are far better than mine were as well!

Not to worry, I didn't take any offense to your comment :). People ask me how I can afford this stuff all the time. I'm very lucky.

Good for you Joe, enjoy it! You remind me of a friend in Europe who lives with his parents. He uses much of his income on plants and traveling. He said if his mom ever knew how much he spent on his blue catt collection (one of many he has), she would throw him out of the house! :rollhappy:

Lol! My mom does know how much I spend on plants, and threatens to kick me out all the time, only half-jokingly! I can get pretty carried away sometimes, but it's really the only thing I spend money on. There are worse addictions than orchids!

.....Lol! My mom does know how much I spend on plants, and threatens to kick me out all the time, only half-jokingly! I can get pretty carried away sometimes, but it's really the only thing I spend money on. There are worse addictions than orchids!
:clap: :rollhappy: I'll bet she gets alot of enjoyment from them & is proud of your success!
My folks moved to Florida when I was 17-18, I chose to stay in the midwest. Had we lived close when I got involved in orchids, she'd have a hard time leaving!

Hey, I'm going to chime in and second everyone's responses! I order frequently from Glen and also loved him as a speaker at an event a few months ago in California. I'm envious of your haul - it's not got a single plant I have! Big fun as they all mature and start doing their thing, huh!

you lucky duck:)! i think i need to go on a shopping spree!:D by the way what does bellina smell like?

Kyle, are you reading this thread? Have you tried to get Glen Decker to speak to our club? If he'll go to Alberta, why not Manitoba?

Latest posts

Back