Spoils from Piping Rock (with photos)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
Here's what I got at my orchid society's meeting this past weekend (mainly plants from Glen Decker). Please excuse the mess in the background!

From left to right.

Front row: Paph. micranthum, Paph. delenatii f. semialbum (5" ls), Phrag. kovachii 'Laura' x 'Ana' (7" ls), Paph delenatii f. vinicolor (6.5" ls)

Middle row: Paph. Harold Koopowitz (malipoense 'Green Goddess' x roth 'New York') (7" ls), Paph. Wossner Vietnam Gold, Phrag. Suzanne Decker (13" ls), Phrag. Haley Decker (11.5" ls), Phal. bellina

Back row: Paph. Jade Dragon (malipoense x fairrieanum 'Sosa'), Cyp. kentuckiense, Paph. sanderianum 'Bruno Master' x 'Penanko' (22.5" ls)

Here's another photo:

Only the Cyp and Phal were not from Glen. Needless to say, it was an awesome day!

Does anyone know approximately what size Haley and Suzanne Decker need to be to bloom? I figured since they seem to be fast-growing that I was better off getting the 10" + size than going all out for FS ones.

Wow - you went all out Joe!!! Great purchases. :D

I picked up a Phrag. Haley Decker too, but mine is BS. Also a Phrag. besseae, and another Phrag. Eric Young. It was great to meet Glen of course - he was a very entertaining speaker.

very nice purchases!! I like the cyp kentuckinense and the sanderianum!! :clap:

Wow - you went all out Joe!!! Great purchases. :D

I picked up a Phrag. Haley Decker too, but mine is BS. Also a Phrag. besseae, and another Phrag. Eric Young. It was great to meet Glen of course - he was a very entertaining speaker.

What's the leafspan on your Haley, Joanne? I'm curious as to how much bigger mine needs to be.

Glen brought awesome plants. I would be broke if he lived close by. He also delivered my favorite guest speech so far!

I hope that Glen Decker will come back!!!

You got the phal off the raffle table if I am not mistaken, lucky you! I loved the smell and wanted it.

Ah, the joy of an empty wallet :D
:clap: :rollhappy: :clap: :rollhappy: Oh but sooo worth it!
Great buys! :drool::drool: I would have had a hard time passing up on the cyp. I was fortunate to attend one of Glen's presentation - very enjoyable!

That sanderianum won't keep you waiting for too long! What a lovely, well-fed plant! If you're very lucky it should start 1-2 new groths now, and you'll be having flowers next spring.

That sanderianum won't keep you waiting for too long! What a lovely, well-fed plant! If you're very lucky it should start 1-2 new groths now, and you'll be having flowers next spring.

The sandie is quite exciting. I knew I was getting a large plant, but when I saw what immaculate condition it's in I was ecstatic. I've never seen such a perfect plant! The leaves are a perfect medium green color, and glossy. Not a single one is yellowing! It will be a challenge to keep it looking like that!

What's the leafspan on your Haley, Joanne? I'm curious as to how much bigger mine needs to be.

Joe, your plants are about a year away from blooming. One of my plants of Haley Decker bloomed this year with 3 or 4 growths about 18" spread or so. The growths get more robust every year and the plants won't show their true stuff until they have bloomed a few times.

Ah, the joy of an empty wallet :D

lol I was just thinking the same thing! how does a college student come up with the green to be able to buy all of these plants?! ..especially 'those' plants

I live within driving distance of Piping Rock, and have never been to the greenhouse(s) (such restraint) though I should be contacting him to schedule a vendor visit from our club

Holy cow, driving distance from Piping Rock, and you've never been?? That is phenomenal self-restraint! :rollhappy:

I agree with Joe, Glen's plants are awesome. And he is an excellent and very entertaining speaker.

Back