Southern Ontario Orchid Show Pictures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
hey guys

the SOOS annual show started today and runs until tomorrow. i posted the pics (mainly paphs) up onto my blog http://www.fuuran.blogspot.com. so feel free to browse and leave messages.
too many pictures to post multiple times, hope u guys don't mind

enjoy and thanks for looking

i've updated the site so the names are currently there

Last edited:
:clap: Nothing wrong about posting like that! The 2 helenae crosses are darling! That hanging square net basket is spectacular - masdie I assume! :drool:

unfortunately there were no helenae crosses at the show--I really really really looking forward to seeing at least one... but i guess no luck for me... there was a Petite Fleur (barbigerum x primulinum), which at first i thought was a helenae cross too, but wasn't once i saw it up close.

and the hanging basket was a Dracula species. I couldn't figure out the name on the tag thought... =(

Thanks for photos, some great plants!

unfortunately there were no helenae crosses at the show--I really really really looking forward to seeing at least one... but i guess no luck for me... there was a Petite Fleur (barbigerum x primulinum), which at first i thought was a helenae cross too, but wasn't once i saw it up close.

Hsinying Helen is helenae x Pinocchio :poke:

here's a few of my favourites (as Eric suggested) and just for Rick so he can continue at work ^^

PaphAngela.jpg

Paph Angela

PaphMalipoense.jpg

Paph malipoense

PaphMemoriaLarryHeuermalipoensexeme.jpg

Paph Memoria Larry Heuer (malipoense x emersonii)

Paphmalipoensexhangianum.jpg

Paph malipoense x hangianum

Great photos. I remember most of them....helped with Paph judging, plus I was there all three days as I am a member of SOOS. I also had a small display that got a 2nd in the amateur division and three of my five plants got ribbons. (1st, 2nd and 3rd) If anyone wants to see it I can post in a new thread.

Great photos. I remember most of them....helped with Paph judging, plus I was there all three days as I am a member of SOOS. I also had a small display that got a 2nd in the amateur division and three of my five plants got ribbons. (1st, 2nd and 3rd) If anyone wants to see it I can post in a new thread.

OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE!!!! :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :D

Dot--I'm pretty sure its not a Zygo. Sorry, but I wasn't able to snap the name of the plant--hence the no namers =( However, I believe it was a Miltassia of some sort. However, if you want, I could post it in another thread for IDing =)

Dot--I'm pretty sure its not a Zygo. Sorry, but I wasn't able to snap the name of the plant--hence the no namers =( However, I believe it was a Miltassia of some sort. However, if you want, I could post it in another thread for IDing =)
You're probably right -- I couldn't decide whether is was in the Onc. group or a Zygo. But from what I could see, I thought it might be a Z. Whatever it is, it's quite pretty.

Latest posts

Back