Sorcerer's Apprentice x caudatum var warscewiczianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm suprised ppl still have labels with wars... on them. Warscewizianum was used for two species (wallisii/popowii) and is too difficult to spell/pronouce!
I am guessing most people still refer to warscewizianum as popowii though today the scentific world refers warscewizianum to wallisii...too confusing

Here is a picture of mine, and the tag says caudatum var war. My head is :crazy: spinning from all this name confusion! I will add Inti's Tears to the tag.
DSCF0011-2.jpg

Well, what about my Sorcerer's Apprentice x caudatum sanderae? Is it Bel Croute?

My taxonomic training is with the animal code, but it has a section on retaining specific epithets if common usage dictates.

-Ernie

Well, what about my Sorcerer's Apprentice x caudatum sanderae? Is it Bel Croute?

Check out the RHS site. Just type in the grex or the parentage. I was asking the same questions, and was directed there. It seems to work good. As for Bel Croute, that is x caudatum. I don't know where v. sanderae comes in, or if it is even considered a true variety.

Z-IntelsTears4thSorcerersApprentice.jpg
Z-IntelsTears-YellowtagonIntelsTear.jpg
Sorcerer’s Apprentice 4 N X prag. czerwiakowianum

I believe mine is lighter also. I'm so confused. I don't know what I have.
This is the 4th blooming and it is starting to bud up again. It loves S/H and it is a faithful bloomer

Marilyn

Marilyn,
The photo of your tag is small but it doesn't look like "prag. czerwiakowianum" is written on it. Can you verify?

Latest posts

Back