Some seedlings and flasks...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures and thanks for sharing.

Are you growing these seedlings in pure lava rock? It doesn't look like an organic substrate to me.

Nice pictures and thanks for sharing.

Are you growing these seedlings in pure lava rock? It doesn't look like an organic substrate to me.

Yes Marc, it's only lava, most of them are there from the very beginning. I like inorganic substrates too much, the mortality rate often is zero. I use exclusively organic in terrestrials.

Wow, what do you do with them all? What a lovely grow area too.:clap:

Tom, I share some of these little plants with my friends in Mexico, but I have to think about something else, orchids are everywhere at home !!!
Thanks ....

You're too modest!
How many flasks do you have there? and how many different species?

Good luck with your well grown youngsters!!!! You have great pics of a lot of lovely plants in your stream; I esp. like the Laelias and Lycaste ...!!! Jean

You're too modest!
How many flasks do you have there? and how many different species?

This place has something like four hundred flasks, I have another one maybe with two hundred more. You can see the next pictures, here I show you some of my "older little plants", they're in tiny baskets, too made at home obviously. Actually I don't know the number of species, but maybe 80: Laelia tenebrosa, Laelia anceps (Sanderiana), Galeandra greenwoodiana, Laelia purpurata, Cattleya warneri, Cattleya intermedia, Rossioglossum wiliamsianum, etc. etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luismendoza/5836636686/in/photostream

is it something crazy?:sob:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back