Some photos of orchard display

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bernhard Hilse

These are some photos from a local orchard show last weekend. I didn't win any major prizes this time but got three firsts and a second in some categories. I had 14 slippers in my display.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Attachments

• Orchard_Display _resJPG.jpg
    Orchard_Display _resJPG.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Large_Slipper.JPG
    Large_Slipper.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 50
  • Vinicolour.JPG
    Vinicolour.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Ph PearciiJPG.jpg
    Ph PearciiJPG.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 36
Dear Gilda, thanks for your comments. No, I don't play the violin. The Theme was "Symphony of Orchids". I am a Country music fan and last year, went to Nashville and Memphis and drove along the highway. Loved Tennessee. Regards Bernhard

Excellent! I was wondering what the theme was - we had a musical theme last year as well, "A Symphony of Orchids", it was a fun theme. This year our show is Valentine's day weekend so it's "Love in Bloom" which should also be fun. Our postcard image is a very seductive looking Masdevallia.

I'm also doing the display for our society at the MOS show in October - Halloween weekend - we sure know how to pick dates for good themes, huh? Their's is "Bewitched by Orchids"...

~H (off to read the Elizabeth Montgomery fan site a bit more...) :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice going Bernhard - good job! Does large paph have a name?

Dear goldenrose -CALVI. MARTINICUE. I got this plant from a slipper grower who is over 80 yrs old. It must be very old stock. At the show, they must have overlooked it for a place. Everyone else at the show liked it very much. Regards Bernhard

Dear goldenrose -CALVI. MARTINICUE. I got this plant from a slipper grower who is over 80 yrs old. It must be very old stock. At the show, they must have overlooked it for a place. Everyone else at the show liked it very much. Regards Bernhard

Calvi x Martinique perhaps? That would be Marie Jeanne Marchal, registered 1978 as Martinique x Calvi, but the reciprocal cross could easily have been made too. Tags can tend to morph over time in an older collection. There is no Paph Calvi Martinicue or similar name registered as far as I can find.

Hello, Paph MadMan, you are right. When I got the plant, the tag was very faint and it took me a while to work it out. I will correct my tag. It is good to have someone tell me the correct spelling etc. regards Bernhard

Dear Gilda, thanks for your comments. No, I don't play the violin. The Theme was "Symphony of Orchids". I am a Country music fan and last year, went to Nashville and Memphis and drove along the highway. Loved Tennessee. Regards Bernhard

Dang Bernard! You should have given some of us Tennesseans a call!!

Love your exhibit:clap::clap:

Dear Rick, when I was in Nashville, I looked everywhere in the phone book but couldn't find anything. However, we stayed at the Gaylord Ophreyland Resort which was amazing as there was 10 acres under cover and lots and lots of orchids amongst the greenery. I met a Canadian who especially comes every year to stay there to look at the orchids. I was amazed to see slipper orchids growing in soil and phrag. hanging in little bags and in flower. I have about 50 phrags and have problems flowering them. Kind regards, Bernhard

Latest posts

Back