• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

some odds and ends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
I am a hobby grower and typically do not sell plants. All of these have outgrown my collection and I am needing the space. I have pics of each and bloom pics for the ones that have flowered. Please PM if interested. I will sell or possibly trade.

Dendrobium kingianum
I bought this from Oak Hill in Sept 2011 as a NBS plant. They had some that were the same size in bloom but mine has not. I don't think I can give it a cold enough Winter. The new growths this year are twice as large as last years.

Masd. Copper Angel 'Highland' AM/AOS X rex 'Maui Titan' CHM/AOS
I bought this from a vendor at UOS show in Fall of 2011 or Spring of 2012. The plant blooms reliably, but I do not keep it wet enough. The plant has black spotting on the underside of the older leaves from before I bought it. It has not continued on any new growth since purchase. Blooms are single inflorescences with orange, velvety flowers that are about 1-1/2" with 1" petals. Flowers can last a few weeks.

Stanhopea tigrina
I bought this from Oak Hill in Sept of 2011 as a SS plant. I believe it is now NBS and should bloom next year. Plant is healthy and now rooting into a air cone pot with the bottom removed.

Pleurothallis condorensis
I bought this from Ecuagenera in March of 2012. It acclimated well and has bloomed on a regular basis since Summer of 2012, with the heaviest blooming in Spring through Fall. The plant blooms multiple times from the same leaf and does develop a few keikis.

Bulbophyllum wightii
I bought this from Oak Hill in Fall of 2011. The plant has more than tripled in size but has not bloomed. It is said to be a synonym of pingtungense, but without certainty. I plan on trading or selling (1 or 2) 4-5 bulb divisions that will each have a new lead.

Vanda arjuna 'Illuninated' AM/AOS X Vanda cristata
I bought this plant from Martin Motes at an UOS mtg in Spring of 2012. The plant has established itself well and is still SS.

Vanda tessellate 'Pink Lip' X Vanda crista
I bought this plant from Martin Motes at an UOS mtg in Spring of 2012. The plant has established itself well and is still SS.

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back