Some Flowers & Buds

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Spicerianum x Gege Hughes.
A great grower & bloomer.

a%202_zpssyau5wbr.jpeg

Green Gene ( Yerba Buena x Stone Lovely).
I had a bunch of these, most of these came out looking like Stone Lovely or typical green bulldog with varying degree of white on the dorsal. This particular one came out with more personality, but has been very slow grower. It is finally in spike again in two years! I'm excited but also the quality might not be there this time. will see.
I love its pose. :)

a1_zpsmykym59l.jpeg

Another Green Gene. This one is green/white, but very pretty. so I kept it.
A great grower but it took two years to bloom again, but with two spikes! :)

a2_zpspz6zj8p7.jpeg

Next two are (malipoense x Fanaticum). The first one is a smaller plant with shorter spike. Also the one that had (probably still has) scales. can't wait to see these open.

a3_zps4nxu5vlr.jpeg

This one has a rather ghostly looking bud. It is slightly open so I can peek inside. There is nothing inside. What the ????

a4_zpsn1zdagvq.jpeg

Malipoense brothers, or sisters. Ok, they really aren't. One is from Taiwan. The other from Orchid Inn breeding.

a6_zpsu0eagzed.jpeg

Norito Hasegawa.
has been a great grower, but first time spiking.

a5_zps1htcpms5.jpeg

Some maudiae type hybrids

album_zps9lpqagci.jpeg

albu_zpswcrk16dx.jpeg

This one, I love it! I hope it opens up fully.

a8_zpsrzbn1dji.jpeg

And one of many others in spike/bud. Yay!!!

a9_zpsjgvmtk3r.jpeg

Dollgoldi. Pain in the butt as expected. This supposedly a spike has been just sitting right there since early July. I believe it'll just die there. :mad:

a7_zpsvm2xpfno.jpeg

Conco-bellatulum x niveum.
First time spiking. man, it took a while for this plant, and finally! can't wait to see.

b_zpsbgukthto.jpeg

leucochilum spiking for the second time.

b1_zpsfr5nvjf5.jpeg

I'm so jealous of the parvies! I want them all. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your P. maliopense next year or the year after when they finally open!

No, but it is right in front of my building.

The Dollgoldi is absolutely driving me nuts!
I think my Bel Royal x armeniacum is spiking, too, but it might also be just fooling me like my Delrosi did in the past two years. Now I am just realizing that I'll just have to accept them as foliage plants that might flower in the future.

No, but it is right in front of my building.

The Dollgoldi is absolutely driving me nuts!
I think my Bel Royal x armeniacum is spiking, too, but it might also be just fooling me like my Delrosi did in the past two years. Now I am just realizing that I'll just have to accept them as foliage plants that might flower in the future.
Or plants to sell off! :)

Normally, I would have thrown away or given away anything that do not bloom for over two years, I'll keep these hybrids given that it's "normal" for these.
Such test of patience!

Btw, this particular Dollgoldi was bought as a blooming size.
I was happy because the plant was smallish. It has almost doubled in size and added three side shoots.
It's still about medium sized compared to others I've seen, so I don't complain.

Thanks. :)

I'm just getting started, but at the same time, I'm about done due to limited space, which seems to be the main problem.

Funny because I never really liked this group. I blame micranthum with disproportionately huge pouch. I still can't get over it, although I love many of its hybrids.

It all started with my well-behaving Armeni White that I got a few years ago. It was cheap, in bud, and had nice leaves.
So, I just picked it up for variety's sake. Then, the parvi fever grew on me fast. haha
I still don't like certain plants. already mentioned micranthum, vietnamense (nice leaves, nice flower color, but the typical droopy petals no!), emersonii (again, I like its hybrids), delenatii, but I have a few delenatii. I was told in the beginning that this was the easiest thing of the group.
I love delenatii hybrids. i guess I'm more of a hybrid person, rather than species.

Malipoense, I like it in any shape and color. and it makes great hybrids. There I go again. hybrids.
I love green and yellow.

Latest posts

Back