Santa Barbara International Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These aren't the best photos, but here you go!!

bb28d50d.jpg

c7b2ab39.jpg

25a66be7.jpg

ee96d2dc.jpg

0c12f118.jpg

121ace0b.jpg

4fe9cfca.jpg

97761b46.jpg

49edc210.jpg

59129987.jpg

f8bd3aa4.jpg

2b16524d.jpg

57fc3cf2.jpg

Thanks for sharing. that display of Aussie dendrobiums is impressive!

And also very smelly LOL I'm not a big fan of their scent... That was actually just one section of it, there were a lot more than that!

Didn't think I'd post my photos, wishing I had taken my proper camera now and not just my iPhone :mad:

I understand The Huntington's display had an iPad with videos of each flower in their display so you could see them from all angles.

Nice roths.. What are the flasks that TON brought with them?

Sorry I didn't take any photos of the flask labels of either the TON or Hengduan flasks and can't remember the species/grexes. I definitely remember seeing some Paph bellatulum flasks but they both had a variety of stuff... Keith, do you remember the flasks?

I got some photo on my iPhone too.... I guess I'll have to share after all!!!

Yes, do share, they can't be worse than my iPhone ones :D

I understand The Huntington's display had an iPad with videos of each flower in their display so you could see them from all angles.

They had interactive images of their top plants/flowers on the iPads, but not for each flower in their display (they had quite a few on display). They were images that you could spin around, similar to the 360 degree images that Matthew Gore used to do (I think they're still posted here on the forum somewhere).

Haha great minds think alike, I do the same thing also: take a picture of the flower, followed by a picture of the label :)

Sorry I didn't take any photos of the flask labels of either the TON or Hengduan flasks and can't remember the species/grexes. I definitely remember seeing some Paph bellatulum flasks but they both had a variety of stuff... Keith, do you remember the flasks?

There where about 25 flasks for sale when I was there early Fri. I didn't check the names on the tops tho... I had decide to past intel I get a greenhouse build.
I did buy a micranthum seedling for Hengduan that is in very good condition! I got about 25 other plants for var. vendors and from SBOE. Mostly stuff I can grow outdoors here.

My other half has some pics on her phone too.... She's work while I get to set home because of the rain and repot/pot my new ones. :D

Haha great minds think alike, I do the same thing also: take a picture of the flower, followed by a picture of the label :)

Never know... You may need those names one day..... Saved me a few time while visiting Andys green house!!!!

There where about 25 flasks for sale when I was there early Fri. I didn't check the names on the tops tho... I had decide to past intel I get a greenhouse build.
I did buy a micranthum seedling for Hengduan that is in very good condition! I got about 25 other plants for var. vendors and from SBOE. Mostly stuff I can grow outdoors here.

I showed a bit more restraint than you did :p I only bought three plants: Paph Montagnard (callosum x sukhakulii), Den spectabile 'Draco' x self and a NOID Phal.

Yeah TON & Hengduan both had some nice stuff. TON in particular had some nice brachies...

BTW, thanks for your photos, good to see that you had problems focusing on the Shin-Yi Dragon too! :evil:

TON had some very expensive plants for sale.

iPhone is not the greatest at focusing where you want it too..... I wish you could turn the auto focus off some times!!!!!

Latest posts

Back