round thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic form on this one. What size is the flowers and what is the nat. leaf span on the plant? Do you have other brachys you could photograph it next to?

I'll do some photography next Monday for you.

Definitely a nice flower. Question, does this species usually have a green patch on the staminode, or is it also yellow at times? I haven't seen that many in person to make a judgement.

I also wonder about this.
I have seen some yellowish green on the staminode, but these are very yellow. It's likely that yellow is also variation?

Also, primary hybrid of thaianum with other brachy may yield results that's nearly impossible to tell apart from their parental species.

Just saying. one can never say for sure.

Definitely a nice flower. Question, does this species usually have a green patch on the staminode, or is it also yellow at times? I haven't seen that many in person to make a judgement.

I also wonder about this.
I have seen some yellowish green on the staminode, but these are very yellow. It's likely that yellow is also variation?

This is an other thaianum with a pure yellow staminodium shield. No green, yellow evan with a hint of orange.

28c14er.jpg

back side; you can see the purple speckles inside the pouch:

2dsivr4.jpg

Fantastic form on this one. What size is the flowers and what is the nat. leaf span on the plant? Do you have other brachys you could photograph it next to?

FS max. 5.7 cm, LS max. 13 cm

Here it is: a group shot with three different P. thaianum and one P. niveum

j7xgyu.jpg

I think this round one is superb. Personally, I don't see any reason to doubt it's identity. It's just a very, very good quality flower. We can't really see the details of the foliage; but, that is another way to determine lineage. Paph. thaianum is quite different from niveum in size, shape and markings on the foliage. Also, this flower is the right size, the right height and it's got the spots inside the pouch. To me, it's pure thaianum and I LOVE it!

I think this round one is superb. Personally, I don't see any reason to doubt it's identity. It's just a very, very good quality flower. We can't really see the details of the foliage; but, that is another way to determine lineage. Paph. thaianum is quite different from niveum in size, shape and markings on the foliage. Also, this flower is the right size, the right height and it's got the spots inside the pouch. To me, it's pure thaianum and I LOVE it!

I completemy agree with you
One of the best thaianum ever seen

Flower size is debatable.
I had bought one in May with small flower and seller said it is Niveum.

It is similar to the thread poster.
I had the flower flattened and dried up in my book.

Love the group shot! Makes me what to grow more than one of each.. enabler!!
:rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back