Roths season begins

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colour on the second last is very nice, and the beast is just that!
I do love the fat petalled one most, though.

I'm much impressed by all the variation of your roths, must be nice to have all the different styles in flower at the same time.

The beast measures at :
NS 29.5cm
Dorsal 6,8cm
Petal width 2,2cm

Not the best colour or flower count, but perhaps on a more mature plant and with less extreme conditions it will improve the count?

I have another few in lengthening spike, perhaps couple of weeks before they open. This season I should have enough plants to be able to make a reasonable outcross?

Sounds like you may need a fogger. Canberra is a place that has very hot summers with low humidity. My fogger keeps the glasshouse humid (>=70%) and cools the air. I'd be in a lot of trouble without it. Those multi-florals of yours can take the heat as long as the air is humid.

By the looks of the plant leaves I would say this is a roth of German breed.
Possibly 'starship' x 'paris' but only a thought.
Looks lovely,

Ed

John, I have a number of roths (purchased as NFS from Taiwan breeding), quite a few from Frank Smith, Ben Ooi and then a few with no tags (about 25 plants in all) This plant above is one of my older plants and unfortunately has no tag.

Okay. Thanks. Too bad you don't know. Those petals and dorsal sepal are incredible!:drool:

Keeping my fingers crossed you and the plants can make it through the heat wave!

What a roth show, I too have a soft spot for #4 :clap:

Seems like image hosting site is being finicky.

The last photo has some crazy petals. Well done.

Latest posts

Back