Resolutions?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everybody! And great luck with any vices one has!

I have to say, looking back, it was the phone call that made the difference.
Someone I have never met in person, did not hesitate to relate to my nicotine addiction.
Great advice and made quitting a pleasurable experience.

Have not jogged since Aug. 2011.
My third time out this year, 4.2 mile non-stop. Nine minute miles. :eek:
Thank the Maker for Tylenol arthritis. :)

I ran into Clarke & Chrissy today. Small world. I'm wishing him luck with no-cigs and the new diet and I hope he gets back up on his bike to improve his heallth. :)

Thank you Eric! Nice to see you yesterday :)

About a month ago, got tested for Lyme. Came back negative.
Next, read about how diet affects arthritis. Made some changes.
Feel somewhat better, but it has been extremely mild winter, as we all know.
Red meat is not as appealing as it used to be :(

Wishing everybody the willpower to beat their unwanted habits!

Very hard to lose weight when your favorite vegetable is potato chips. :)

Looks like 23 months since I had a ciggy.

Since then, put on 35 lbs. All in the wrong place.
Like to be done with this by May.

Anybody else?

Looks like 23 months since I had a ciggy.

Since then, put on 35 lbs. All in the wrong place.
Like to be done with this by May.

Anybody else?

It makes about 30 years for me now!!!!

(But from time to time still would like a good cigarette :) )

Jean

My resolution this year is to try and make it to next year!!!!!!!!! ----- and also enjoy the golf, orchids and bowls!

Ed

I can't resist temptation.

We all have our vices, mine are grapes!

My vice is expensive flasks. My resolution is to sell enough assorted species that I have collected and grown over the years to pay for the Paph and Phrag flasks I am constantly buying. I was going to say to stop spending so much money on orchids but I am going to the Big Island on Friday; that resolution was broken before I made it...

My vice is the coffee and energy drinks. I don't plan on giving them up, but I know my weakness. I quit smoking two and a half years ago before my son was born, and I don't miss it one bit! I was relieved from the obsession to drink 4 years ago, really don't miss that! As one of my friends says, I haven't pissed the bed, puked on my shoes, or had my rights read to me since! What a coincidence!

More golf, more golf, more golf.......:clap:

I also plan on expanding my species Phal collection. And adding a couple hybrid Paphs like F.C. Puddle and maybe a maudiae or two.

Well, reading back through this - my husband still smokes but uses the evapes now, pretty exclusively.

Nice going Clark!

For me this year - getting husband and I back on the clean eating bandwagon. The last two months have pretty much been a wash, but we were doing great prior to that so shouldn't be too hard to get back to it.

More cooking. Less orchid neglect (speaking of which, I suppose I should go water the three plants I've been procrastinating on for a week!)

Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back