Repotting Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAB

Reaction score
So in general I know the season for repotting Paph's is upon us, and I wanted to ask if most of you all still adhere to repotting if there is new spikes coming up, or if you only repot if not active?

Thanks
Jake

It depends on your own experience with repotting. If plants generally show no set back after repotting for you then I would only avoid the 2-3 weeks just before and after bud opening in most cases. Or if a plant has been a bud blaster in the past, then wait.

I wouldn't repot the ones in spike. The risk of damaging is high as well as the possibility of plants themselves aborting the spike for being disturbed.

I don't repot things that not active unless it is really really necessary.

The best time to repot in general for anything is when the plants just start growing season. This way, they will easily reestablish themselves without much trauma.

Thanks folks! Good pointers all around, I appreciate it.

Cheers
Jake

Repot when the roots push up against the pot 'rootbound', or the media smells rotten or the plant is not growing, I've repotted while in bloom with success and also caused bud blast

Latest posts

Back