RE: Registration

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Leo_5313

Hi everyone, I am a newbie Paph enthusiast. How do I register a complex cross? I googled AOS registration form but found nothing. THANKS! :)

you dont necessarily have to be the maker of the cross, but if your not, you should attempt to make contact with that person if possible before registering.
Also your google search yielded no results because AOS does not do new hybrid registration, it is the RHS. good luck.

Welcome Leo!

RHS stands for the Royal Horticultural Society in Great Britain. As far as I know, they are the official registration society for all plants and have been for centuries.

Welcome to ST Leo!
What is the cross? Some of us might have it too unless you made it & kept them all!

Hi, I have been trying to find the grex information through the RHS registry but whatever I put in I could not get any result, I followed the examples from www.staugorchidsociety.org/PDF/FindingHybridInfoOnRHSSite.pdf. Can anyone give me an example of how to search for a grex name? For an example, I put in Paphiopedilum in genes and Salty in grex and got nothing. THANKS!

If you tell us exactly what's on the tag, we can probably make your life a lot easier. ;)

Hi, I have been trying to find the grex information through the RHS registry but whatever I put in I could not get any result, I followed the examples from www.staugorchidsociety.org/PDF/FindingHybridInfoOnRHSSite.pdf. Can anyone give me an example of how to search for a grex name? For an example, I put in Paphiopedilum in genes and Salty in grex and got nothing. THANKS!

I think they've changed the URLs -- no longer the ones on that pdf. Try going here: http://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldatabase/orchidregister/orchidregister.asp
You will have two tabs to choose from, either Parentage search, or Grex name search.

I tried your Paph. Salty, in various ways and also got nothing, which leads me to believe either the cross isn't registered with the RHS or the tag is wrong (if that's all that is on it).

If you have problem, EMail the registrar Julian Shaw. In fact i just EMail him the crosses I made (I think only primary hybrid, that you need to provide photo), give him the proposed grex name (and give him a second, in case the proposed name has been taken) and my credit card. Cost 10 pounds.
His EMail address is [email protected]. Good Luck

Hi all, thanks so much for the replies! The one that I like to register is Happy Hill x Winston Churchill (I like the spots on one of the clones; it has nice form, not perfect and I would like to cross it to one of the oldies). Well, as I have been learning about complex paph, I am researching the cross Engraved 'Althea' with Salty 'Val' but I think, very likely, this has been done before (I would like to see the offsprings of this cross); additionally, I like to see Engraved x Happy Hill. I am researching and learning what to expect from certain crosses and most importantly, why I like to make the cross. I like bold spots (on greens particularly). THANKS!

Back