Do you know who awarded Cattleya Dinard?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry, for some reason I always find it a chore to search (and then find) most things in Orchid Pro. From the issue you described in nomenclature to minor details, I have trouble. And it seems so clunky and slow, tge little wheel just turns and turns. I use it begrudgingly. Seems like AOS would have a better system.
Deb, I use OrchidPro when my question is about awarded plants. If my question is about correct naming, hybrid registration, or the progeny of a species or hybrid I use orchidroots.com

I'm glad that you guys sorted it out. I finally had a chance to sit down to read this post.

Yes it was Laelia tenebrosa that created the Lc. confusion.

I use a combo of OP and OW to wean the information. OW is indispensable for parentage search and to get the right synonymns. I noticed the Laelia as soon as the family text tree popped up on OW.

Fascinating how this got quickly fixed in real time, especially on a slipper forum.
All it takes is sending a quick message over, Laura is great about responding to that kind of stuff - though it may take a few days sometimes. Usually it’s done in a few hours.

Deb, I use OrchidPro when my question is about awarded plants. If my question is about correct naming, hybrid registration, or the progeny of a species or hybrid I use orchidroots.com
Yes, thats the way I use it as well. It could be my computer that makes it so clunky and slow as I don’t have enough disk space (or memory, not sure which) for the latest upgrades on the MacBook Air I like to use most, so I’m sure that slows it down considerably. Guess I need to talk to Santa…

Just to add interest since I know your ‘Blue Heaven is a division of mine, here are some bloom photos. Very different each time it blooms. Actually I’ll post it in a deprecate thread so as not to hijack yours.

Laura Newton is the Awards Registrar for the American Orchid Society. She is not really the correct person to send Orchid Pro problems to. She handles awards, identification problems or questions and award descriptions.
You might want to check the AOS website and see who handles Tech Support. There is a committee with a chair for that kind of stuff, glitches within Orchid Pro. It might be Naya Marcano, but I am not sure.
Anyway, the AOS volunteers and their committee assignments should be listed on the AOS website. The complete list would also be available inside of the ORCHIDS magazine. I do have a phone number for Orchid Pro functionality 305-740-2010. You may have to go through a phone menu and leave a message. They are all volunteers who do not report to Headquarters.

Laura Newton is the Awards Registrar for the American Orchid Society. She is not really the correct person to send Orchid Pro problems to. She handles awards, identification problems or questions and award descriptions.
You might want to check the AOS website and see who handles Tech Support. There is a committee with a chair for that kind of stuff, glitches within Orchid Pro. It might be Naya Marcano, but I am not sure.
Anyway, the AOS volunteers and their committee assignments should be listed on the AOS website. The complete list would also be available inside of the ORCHIDS magazine. I do have a phone number for Orchid Pro functionality 305-740-2010. You may have to go through a phone menu and leave a message. They are all volunteers who do not report to Headquarters.
Yes, Laura can help with issues on awards, but she's definitely not the right person to talk to about programming and functionality etc.

Latest posts

Back