• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phrags.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Chuck Acker and he mentioned a grower in the Denver area who has bloomed out Phrag. besseae flavum x manzurii. Is this a member of our forum and are any available for sale or trade? i'm also looking for straight manzurii, thanks.

A while ago I asked Chuck to make besseae flavum x manzurii, and he declined. Order off the website only.

Why don't you just get one of his manzurii flasks?

You are welcome, Eric. They also have other interesting Phrags like Glen Decker, Ice Princess...
Marcus

I got 2 fairrieanums and a Lady Rothschild from them last year.
They are nice plants and doing well.

David Manzur made both: manzurii var albiflurum x besseae and x besseae flavum. He has registered the hybrid as Phrag. Manzur-LaAldea.
Phrag. manzurii albiflorum is the one described (yellow form without red coloration in the staminode). David usually do not sell plants but he could be open to trade...

Eric

Didn't see this when it was first posted, but I purchased a flask of besseae var flavum "Chuck's Choice" AM/AOS x manzurii, CA476, and I have an extra compot that I could trade. It has nine 1-2 inch seedlings and they all appear to be in good shape.

Mike

How are those doing for you? Mine are moving along quite well. Much faster than I thought they would be.

Eric

These are all small, but healthy. The Magic Lantern albas seemed to be extra vigorous. These are just normal. To be honest, I don't have any experience with manzurii hybrids, but I'm guessing that these will bloom in about 4 years, maybe the strongest of the bunch in only 3 years. Phrag besseae seems to grow fast and bloom early for me on small plants. I am hoping these will be comparable.

Mike

I find besseae like light!

Since I'm here on the enabling thread, I'm now looking for Phrag. Ackers Ice, (Phrag. Rosy Charm x Phrag. Barbara LeAnn); and Phrag. Ackers Sweetheart, (Phrag. Barbara LeAnn x Phrag. Hanne Popow). If anyone has these crosses that they will sell or divide to sell, let me know, thanks.

Latest posts

Back