Phragmipedium Fritz Schomburg ( besseae x kovachii )

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandacee

Reaction score
Phragmipedium Fritz Schomburg ( besseae x kovachii )
First bloom - Comes from Asendorfer Orchideen

Fritz_Schomburg1.jpg

Lovely and a completely different color than my
Fritz. On my monitor, your flower looks to have
a bit of purple. Mine is a very deep pink with
no purple undertone. I like your bloom better.

It's certainly got very unique color for this hybrid. Do you know if there's any polyploidy going on here? Some of the 3Ns using a 4N besseae are known to come out extra red/orange, so I wondered if the 3Ns using a 4N kovachii would come out extra purple.

It's certainly got very unique color for this hybrid. Do you know if there's any polyploidy going on here? Some of the 3Ns using a 4N besseae are known to come out extra red/orange, so I wondered if the 3Ns using a 4N kovachii would come out extra purple.
I'd like to see the color if the photo is taken in natural light.
Me too Tom. That color is intriguing.

The shape and colours have evolved in two days.
The first picture is taken in the morning outside and the second one inside where the light is 50% natural and 50% artificial ( 6500 kelvin ).
If we ask 10 photographers to take the same picture, we will have 10 different pictures depending on the material, the quality of the light, digital processing, etc...

Fritz_Schomburg2.jpg

Fritz_Schomburg3.jpg

Nice...
My Fritz petals have a bit of a reflex, or turning in on the inside lower side. Yours don’t appear to be doing that. Duck
Certainly the different parents used in this hybrid by many hybridizers have resulted in different characteristics!

Latest posts

Back