Phrag. Suzanne Decker

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
Hi all,

Seems to be the kovachii season.. :drool:
It's my first post and my first attempt at posting pics, so be patient with me please..ya I know, should've taken notes .. :p

Attachments

• phrag3.jpg
    phrag3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 127
DSCF4927-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes, it's the first time it flowers for me..I'm so excited..lol

I bought it in fall 2010 from piping rock orchids as a seedling...It was one of my
first phragmipedium..back then I thought 8-10" LS meant that each leaves was that size..imagine my suprise, when I got that little thing..lol so I thought, oh well 2years from flowering is ok..then in spring 2011 I saw a huge Suzanne and then I thought, "my god mine will never be flowering size!!" lol anyway after reading that phrag disliked the summer heat, I decided to leave it inside under my T5 and during that period, it losts all its baby leaves (4 of them) and the one that stayed grew longer and wider..Imagine my surprise when I saw a flower stem sticking out in mid septembre..yep been affraid of bud blast for the past 3months!! lol
sorry, for the pics..still trying to figure out photobucket and resizing and all..

Congratulations! I haven't been overly impressed with kovachii hybrids, but yours is very beautiful -great form!
Thank for the comparison photo a well!
Welcome to the forum -keep the photos coming!

I'm still a newbie in growing slipper orchids..so for me I find all kovachii and hangianum hybrids quite extraordinary..eventually my taste will surely change..lol

Thanks Dot,

I've been lurking for awhile, but waiting to have something to show before posting.. I mean beside a besseae flavum :)

I bought the Suzanne because it was suppose to be the more stable kovachii hybrid as for form and colour ..because my first choice was the Allison Strohm.
Anyway, I'm glad I chose this one..

Welcome to SlipperTalk from Ontario! That's a beautiful Suzanne Decker and I also really like your besseae flavum. The Dendrobium chrysotoxum has very good colour and form too! You've got a nice collection started. It'll be nice to see your photos as time goes on.

I bought way too much seedling size plants.Lots of green and promises.. *sigh*
Thanks, John..It took 3 years for my dendrobium to flower and I didn't think it would flower this year, since a lot of nods blasted during this past hot and dry summer.. even with 2 stems it's quite fragrant..I was expecting the smell of honey, but it smells more like dandelions to me.. :)

Back