Phrags under lights

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have alot of phrags and quite a few are in flower but thought I would post 2 of my favorites in spike now!
Nicolle Tower I have owned for about 4 years now and last years spike ended up with 25 flowers total! It was in flower for about 4 months I think. It was EXTREMELY rootbound so after last flowering I unpotted and divided it. Its taken a bit to rebound due to root damage but here we go again but probably not anywhere near last years flower count.
Yelva Myhre I got about 4 months ago from Eucagenera...(I swore I wouldnt get any more from them but ordered direct not from US sale locations that every one I got died).
Wasnt expecting a spike so Im pretty happy

Attachments

• 20240607_161119.jpg
    20240607_161119.jpg
    1.3 MB
Well, the one thing I can say is that many times orchids suffer from the disturbance created by repotting them. However, most would agree that in the long run, for so many orchids, we need to repot them for their long term health.
So some reluctance to repot does happen. But trading off a few flowers after repotting is considered to be considered acceptable versus the overall health of the orchid.

Well, the one thing I can say is that many times orchids suffer from the disturbance created by repotting them. However, most would agree that in the long run, for so many orchids, we need to repot them for their long term health.
So some reluctance to repot does happen. But trading off a few flowers after repotting is considered to be considered acceptable versus the overall health of the orchid.
Absolutely! I learned(reluctantly) to sacrifice spikes on multiple gen
Absolutely! I learned(reluctantly) to sacrifice spikes on multiple genre for the health of the plant vs some short term flowers

Wow, lots of really nice stuff in there! I have a wonderful Phrag Nicolle Tower as well, and I love how they produce so many blooms on the branched spikes.
Thanks mrhappyrotter! My Nicolle Tower was just amazing last flowering, just wouldnt stop! I DO have a plethera of plants in bloom, thats just my display table.

Attachments

• 20240610_114711.jpg
    20240610_114711.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • 20240610_114737.jpg
    20240610_114737.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • 20240610_114727.jpg
    20240610_114727.jpg
    1.8 MB
So to clarify- the Ecuagenera plants that went through US stores were worse off, or the ones you bought directly from Ecuador?
I REALLY want a Yelva Myhre 😅 I am hoping I will find one outside of Ecuagenera or something with similar rich velvetyness. Or maybe I'll just cave and play the Ecuagenera lottery
Beautiful plants!!!

So to clarify- the Ecuagenera plants that went through US stores were worse off, or the ones you bought directly from Ecuador?
I REALLY want a Yelva Myhre 😅 I am hoping I will find one outside of Ecuagenera or something with similar rich velvetyness. Or maybe I'll just cave and play the Ecuagenera lottery
Beautiful plants!!!
The 2 times I bought from Euuagenera I bought from their stands at shows. Roots wrapped in moss and plants wrapped in plastic. Out of 5 or 6 purchases 1 plant remains. I took a chance ordering direct from the website and so far so good!!

The 2 times I bought from Euuagenera I bought from their stands at shows. Roots wrapped in moss and plants wrapped in plastic. Out of 5 or 6 purchases 1 plant remains. I took a chance ordering direct from the website and so far so good!!
Nice! Yeah those show tables are something else. Did you do Ecuagenera USA or import?

Wow, lots of really nice stuff in there! I have a wonderful Phrag Nicolle Tower as well, and I love how they produce so many blooms on the branched spikes.
Just thought I would add some flower pics of Nicolle Tower I took today

Attachments

• 20240710_143719.jpg
    20240710_143719.jpg
    819.3 KB
  • 20240710_143730.jpg
    20240710_143730.jpg
    725.5 KB
Back