Phrag. Suzanne Decker

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Luxembourg Silvan!!!!

I do like this comparison shot with the yellow besseae, shows the size of the kovach. cross well!!!! Jean

(I have one of those 'yellows' in bud too :) )

Welcome from les Cantons de l'Est, Silvain!

Très beau! Impressive. Fantastique.... I need one.... This grex is one of the few kovachii hybrids I really like (actually I have only one Andean Tears). I will try to find a Suzanne Decker at the next orchid show in Montreal. I hope Piping Rock will be there!

Cool, my first "Yay besseae" from Eric. Now, I feel like I'm part of the gang.:p
Thanks Jean, I love my besseae flavum. It's a vigorous little thing, now working on it's fourth bud and the secong growth is in lower spike.. Phrags are cool. :)

Thanks Raymond :)
Mine start growing bigger after I've put it under my t5 fixture (4tubes) last summer..one of the few phrags that don't really care about the the temperature above 80F (25celcius)..afterwards when the spike seems to have stalded I moved it under normal fluos..
Essaie de lui donner plus de Lumière durant sa croissance. :)

Merci Erythrone,

I've seen your gorgeous Andean Tears.. any update on the 3spikes??? Like the other growers, mine just like to stall and make some new growths..grr lol
At the last spring show, Glen had them on his selling booth and some were huuuge with luscious and dark leaves..what I'm trying to say is that it might not be necessary to pre-order as during the show with multiple plants, you can choose wich one you'd want. :)

Now I have to stop staring at my pics..just noticed that there was a petal wider than the other.. :p

Merci Erythrone,

I've seen your gorgeous Andean Tears.. any update on the 3spikes??? Like the other growers, mine just like to stall and make some new growths..grr lol
At the last spring show, Glen had them on his selling booth and some were huuuge with luscious and dark leaves..what I'm trying to say is that it might not be necessary to pre-order as during the show with multiple plants, you can choose wich one you'd want. :)

Now I have to stop staring at my pics..just noticed that there was a petal wider than the other.. :p

Thanks Silvain. I didn't saw the wider petal on your plant... Anyway I don't think that any living creatures can be perfectly symetrical!

Yes the Andean Tears still grows very well. But I don't think there will be 3 flowers at the same time. I think the first bud will open soon.

Thanks for the infos about Glen's plants! I will just ask him if he plan to bring some Suzanne Decker in Mtl!!

Can't wait for your Andean Tears update.. well eventually, I can give you a division of my Suzanne Decker and you can give one of your Andean Tears..
Deal? :rollhappy:

Well Eric the next big show is going to be in Montreal the 24-25 of March..
If you want some hangianum crosses from in-charm you can contact crystal star orchids. As for other vendors, the list isn't out yet..I hope peruflora will be back this spring as I bought an Incan treasure in spike for 50bucks from them last fall,.. :drool:

Well Eric the next big show is going to be in Montreal the 24-25 of March..
If you want some hangianum crosses from in-charm you can contact crystal star orchids. As for other vendors, the list isn't out yet..I hope peruflora will be back this spring as I bought an Incan treasure in spike for 50bucks from them last fall,.. :drool:
Thanks, I have the Chrystal Star Paph catalog printed out and there are a couple listed there... now to find out if there will be a CITES inspector there.

Second flower :)

sd2f.jpg

Back