Phrag. pearcei x Sorcerer's Apprentice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dot,
Check the tag for your plant - if it says (pearcei 'Birchwood' AM/AOS x Sorcerer's Apprentice 4N) I know the proper way to label your cross. The plant pearceii 'Birchwood' is in reality Phrag richterii. So if your tag lists that clone of pearcei, you have the cross Kai Quintal = (richterii x Sorcerer's Apprentice) Quintal Farms is a wholesaler that has sold a number of cases of phrags into the midwest (some may have come through me) That cross was a popular cross in the shipments sent 2004 to 2007. I try to update the tags on plants I've handled, but not everybody has.

Hey Dot,
Check the tag for your plant - if it says (pearcei 'Birchwood' AM/AOS x Sorcerer's Apprentice 4N) I know the proper way to label your cross. The plant pearceii 'Birchwood' is in reality Phrag richterii. So if your tag lists that clone of pearcei, you have the cross Kai Quintal = (richterii x Sorcerer's Apprentice) Quintal Farms is a wholesaler that has sold a number of cases of phrags into the midwest (some may have come through me) That cross was a popular cross in the shipments sent 2004 to 2007. I try to update the tags on plants I've handled, but not everybody has.
Hey, Leo -- that's exactly what the tag says. I got it from Oak Hill a year or so ago, so they probably got a shipment from Quintal Farms. Unfortunately, with all due respect to the hybridizer, in my experience, Quintal Phrags (and multifloral Paphs) are frequently mislabeled.

Thanks for solving this mystery. I do like the flower quite a lot.

Latest posts

Back