Phrag. Leslie's Hair

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

A new hybrid opened for us: Phrag. Leslie's Hair (Phrag. Nitidissimum x popowii). We named it after Leslie, she used to work for us here at Orchids Limited, and had beautiful long red hair.

PhragNitidissiumxpopowii-plant-4102.jpg

PhragNitidissiumxpopowii-close2-410.jpg

Robert

That's gorgeous!

Hey Robert - that plant looks quite yellow - is it just the light, or is that normal? I was just wondering 'cuz one of my phrag's is fairly yellow too and I was worried about it.

That's gorgeous!

Hey Robert - that plant looks quite yellow - is it just the light, or is that normal? I was just wondering 'cuz one of my phrag's is fairly yellow too and I was worried about it.

Yes, it the leaves are kind of yellow (although the leaves show a little more yellow in the picture than they really are). Yellow leaves are usually a general sign on Nitrogen deficiency. Our Phrag's always get kind of "nutrient" deficient this time of year, I think because the days are getting longer, and warmer, the plants are starting to grow faster, so the fertilizer we feed all our orchids with does not give the Phrag's enough Nitrogen.

Robert

Looks like Leslie has got a weak neck to go along with her red hair!:poke: What's up with the wires on the stem/ovaries? She does have nice color though

Looks like Leslie has got a weak neck to go along with her red hair!:poke: What's up with the wires on the stem/ovaries? She does have nice color though

Yes her neck was kind of weak (due to the heavy hair), so we had to stake her up. Hopefully by next blooming, or the next seedling to bloom she will have a stronger neck.

Robert

Latest posts

Back