Phrag. kovachii ('Maximus' x 'Goliath')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how long it will be before AOS has to add another category, one for kovachii hybrids, and what will happen to the besseae hybrids category since many of them are being crossed with kovachii.

Stunning flowers and photos, Jason and Robert!

I was mistaken. It is 'Maximus' x 'Goliath'.

Robert

Wow! Stunning flowers and great photos for comparison...
The species is just gorgeous....

This is very interesting, the colour is very dark for that I was expecting for that sibling, is it just because it is a fresh flower?

It was one of my question when I got those flasks. Peruflora's photos of 'Maximus' and 'Goliath' was full grown and open flowers and much more paler. 'Tupac Amaru' and 'Jewel' was from a fresh flowers probably a day or two and they were very deep coloured in garnet and purple. 'Roseline' was the only one with a paler pink colouration... I can't stand to see all of them ( sib and self) in bloom to see if there is any dominant characters or if it is just a question of aging flowers...??? Hope not!

Would you please post pics of the flower as it matures? I saw the one Chuck bloomed last year, and it had remarkable changes in the size, shape, and carriage of the petals as it aged. Most interesting.

Thank you.

Because the color pigments are in hairs, the darkness of Pk is hard to photograph accurately. The poor baby on the floor at WOC was very dark purple. :eek:

Latest posts

Back