Phrag. Grande

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

papheteer

Reaction score
I have a question for people who grow Phrag. Grande. Since one of the parents is longifolium, is Grande a sequential bloomer? and how big does the plant/flowers usually get?

M

mccallen

My Grande tends to bloom all at once.

The plant itself is fairly tall (12-16 inches not in bloom), but the fans are very stiff and the leaves thick enough to maintain a V conformation (no flopping over and spreading out). By snooping around online though I'd have to say that that growth habit is probably not entirely typical.

G

goldenrose

My Grande tends to bloom all at once.
The plant itself is fairly tall (12-16 inches not in bloom), but the fans are very stiff and the leaves thick enough to maintain a V conformation (no flopping over and spreading out). By snooping around online though I'd have to say that that growth habit is probably not entirely typical.
My Grande is similar. I got it as a division about a year, it hasn't bloomed yet.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Me, too. They don't open all at once, but if there will be 5 flowers, 4 should be open before one drops. Grande can be a very large plant.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Dot is right, Grande is slightly sequential, The lowest couple flowers open first, then the last. The species caudatum is simultaneous, all flowers open within a couple days of each other, all drop at about the same time.

Yes - Grande can get to be a huge plant.

Latest posts